Hobby Boss Kits

Started by Radish, September 10, 2006, 09:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

One MEAN looking aircraft there Chris. is there a backstory and build thread anywhere please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Chris Payne

The original thread was deleted a long time ago unfortunately.

It started when I leaked a fake grainy image of a very strange new aircraft, the 'mythical' BAe Tempest GR.1, that was seen in poor light conditions at the Black Pudding Works at BAE Warton.

The build itself involved using the 1/72 Dragon YF-23 rear three quarters, 1/72 Italeri SU-34 nose, some plastic card and plenty of milliput.

The idea came from this photo found in a book.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

Chris Payne

Forgot to mention, although this one was built way back in 2006, I am planning at least one new build but if I wanted I have the source kits to make 3 new ones.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

Captain Canada

That's one gorgeous aeroplane Chris. Nice work. I have a built Su-34 in the stash that would love to donate some bits to a similar build.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

Hobby Boss' news for 2014! LINK!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

Jags in 1/72!  Great, hopefully they'll do some British and international variants. :drink:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Hawk 200 in 1:48.... Royal Auxiliary Air Force markings anyone ??

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Dizzyfugu

The Jags are indeed good news - the Skyhawks are good, too, even though the new Airfix mold is IMHO hard to beat. But there are all major versions available from Hobby Boss, and I suppose they are good. A 1:72 Hawk 200 would not be bad, either...  :rolleyes:

Librarian

There's a BV-141 in 1/48 ;D. Considering sales of that aircraft in 1/72 over the years they should be able to shift a few.

Captain Canada

Nice selection. Would also have liked to have seen the 200 in 72nd scale.

Lots of neat trucks and armour. The Delta Force FAV shows two different units in the photo....I wonder which one they are going to kit ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Happy at the Jag's and the Skyhawks, I wish they had done the Hawk 200's in 72nd as well as 48th but hey ho.... I've got a couple of the old Matchbox ones to play with...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I share everyones enthusiasm for the Jag's & the A-4's (and most any NEW release), but why have the still excellent Italeri/RoG and Hasegawa Jags been forgotten. Still plenty to buy at the second-hand dealers or at a well known on-line auction site for relatively few scheckles. As for the A-4, Esci/Italeri did a superb A-4E/F & M, Airfix's C is outstanding (and a simple cross-kitting exercise gets you an L). You need to pay good money for a two-seater TA-4F/J of course, but the 1990 Fujimi Skyhawks are easily the best of the bunch IMHO.

Just a thought or two  ;)

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Gondor

The Hungarian 44M TAS looks interesting.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Quote from: Ian the Kiwi Herder on January 09, 2014, 11:34:20 AM
You need to pay good money for a two-seater TA-4F/J of course,

Not neccessarily if you keep your eyes open: I got a Hase TA-4J off ebay for £5.61 +p&p a few months ago...

There's one on at the moment:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Hasegawa-TA-4J-Skyhawk-Trainer-Model-Kit-/331101010631?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item4d17287ac7
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Did nobody notice the EMB-314 Super Tucano? Pity it's in 1/48th, but nice to see still...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones