Hobby Boss Kits

Started by Radish, September 10, 2006, 09:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

I soooo want a model of a Patria Sisu  ... I refuse to scratch one as a kit will surely appear midway, hmm or maybe thats what I should do ;)
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TsrJoe on January 31, 2017, 09:23:04 AM
I soooo want a model of a Patria Sisu  ... I refuse to scratch one as a kit will surely appear midway, hmm or maybe thats what I should do ;)

Looks like a squashed Stalwart.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Or a development of the Z Force Troop Carrier (I had one of these)!
http://www.yojoe.com/international/europe/images/2afat.jpg
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

I sure hope they do that Hawk 200 in 72nd scale ! Absolutely love that bird.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Just stumbled across a new (and pretty interesting) Hobby Boss offering in 1:72, a P-61 Black Widow:

Snowtrooper

Interesting choice for Easy Assembly indeed. Alas, it's Easy Assembly so there goes the hope of other blocks/variants and associated changes (turret, longer nose, wing pylons, speed brakes, or F-15 recon variant) which could have been included on the sprues nevertheless were this a "standard" kit.

Also, drop tanks were only introduced in Block 11... :rolleyes:

Dizzyfugu

I haven't found pics of the sprues yet, but "easy assembly" does not necessarily mean "primitive" for Hobby Boss kits. Esp. the bigger kits are surprisingly good - e.g. the Seahawk or the Panther - and some also come with optional parts.

Maybe it's a scaled-down mould from their 1:48 kit, like some of the old Monogram kits? Would not be the worst thing.

Snowtrooper

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 20, 2017, 03:41:24 AM
I haven't found pics of the sprues yet, but "easy assembly" does not necessarily mean "primitive" for Hobby Boss kits. Esp. the bigger kits are surprisingly good - e.g. the Seahawk or the Panther - and some also come with optional parts.
Yes, I know that HB easy assemblies are comparable to regular kits quality-wise, but the optional parts thing was new to me. In that case, it sounds promising, so sprue shots pending, might have to get one to be converted as a Vietnam war night interdictor (replacing or supplementing B-26K)...

Dizzyfugu

Ah, you find them, when you dig deeper (on the HB pages)...

Apparently no dorsal turret - and if they include it, it would be a different mould?
Looks decent, though.

rickshaw

It is a P-61B version, Dizzy - no dorsal turret.  The turret caused buffeting problems on the "A" model and so was removed.  After the buffet was fixed, it was reinstated on the "C".   The A and B models were more numerous than the "C" and saw more service before the end of WWII.  It looks like a suitable version to use to produce either an "E" or an F15 recce version (which requires a new fuselage, with a tandem cockpit.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Allan

what I loved about the Hobbyboss Spitfire I made the other day is that I didn't have to attach the wings to the fuselage, they came with the fus and wings as one piece...that helped me a lot as usually when I attach wings to the fus I have to sand the trailing edge fus to wing join and that often results in the destruction of the smooth line between the wing and fus...hope that's clear

Spey_Phantom

Trumpeter and Hobbyboss have just released theyre 2018 catalogue over on Facebook.

so far, i havent seen anything interesting from the trumpeter lineup, quite dissapointing  :-\
Hobbyboss however, is entering the 1/144 market with various Antonov AN-12 & Y-8/9 derivatives  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Dizzyfugu

Hobby Boss has added an 1:72 P-61B with dorsal turret to the news list:

chrisonord

That is just begging to be turbo propped, and filled with forward firing cannons, rockets and napalm bombs.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Snowtrooper

Good thing I didn't buy Airfix B from the bay of evil, then ;D

Certainly going to be the "Hunter" for the A-25K "Killer" (aka 75mm B-25H with 60's mods) in SEA. Probably going to get a few Lepus flares from the old Airfix GR.3 Harriers, which were tested IRL for possible adoption by USAF in said theatre.