Warhammer 40k Tau Manta

Started by SebastianP, September 10, 2006, 01:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SebastianP

If you've got any serious interest in Warhammer 40K, you've probably heard of the Forgeworld studio, which does limited-edition resin products that expand on the standard Warhammer and Warhammer 40K lines of miniatures (Well, that and all the other product lines too, but those are pretty much the main ones...)

And if you happen to be playing the Tau race, you've heard of the Manta missile destroyer (which if nothing else is plastered over at least one page spread in the Tau Codex as a background image).

They made one for Epic: Armageddon a little more than a year ago - complete with a working main cargo hold for four Tau hovertanks. It was beyond cool, it was awesome.

And now, they've released the 40K scale version. It's nearly seventy centimeters long. It's more than eighty centimeters wide. It weighs twelve and a half kilos, empty - and it comes with what amounts to a complete Tau Army, half of which can be removed and used as is on the game table (including four tanks and eight battlesuits - the rest are seated figures in the upper hold). It ships express, worldwide, for free. And all you have to do is shell out 895 british pounds and wait for them to cast it for you. Aye caramba!

So, who wants one?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/40kmanta.htm

SP

(Wouldn't that thing look absolutely beautiful wearing B-52 SIOP camo?)

Sisko

Saw this over on the Starship modeller discussion board.

At 900 pounds that equals 2,700.00 Aussie. Man I can Fly to china buy a lot of trumpeter kits  fly home and still have change.

I was right into 40k in the late eighties and early nineties but it just got to damned expensive.

I like the Tau has a very Anime feel to the designs.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Andrew Gorman

Start with a Revell B-2 (conceptual) and you're 1/3 of the way there-
Add some gatling guns made in the manner of the SF3D guys from Matilda tank wheels and tubing and bits and peices of your choice and you'd have a fun, but BIG project ahead of you
Andrew Revell B-2

John Howling Mouse

Holy keerap, did you see how their troops (or whatever) look like many various poses were cast for the figures (or were posable)?  This thing is so over the top, I can't imagine anyone but a team of people assembling and painting it.

Fantastic!

I know nothing about Warhammer but I know an outstanding piece of workmanship when I see one.

900 pounds seems cheap for this.  I'd buy it (if I could).  Think I'll send it on to Ms. H. to ask for permission.  Let's see....yep, my Last Will & Testament is up to date.

Now, where's my lottery tickets????

:wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

philp

I have shown off some of Gavin's stuff before but not sure if I posted these.
Not only does he make a wicked diorama, he has a wild sense of humor.

These were created using Warhammer 40k Space Marines.
I will give you the first one.  Click on the link to go through the rest.

http://www.ipmsslc.com/gallery2/v/Meetings...230725.jpg.html

Remember, the figures are 28mm tall.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies