Planes not typically seen in Raspberry Ripple

Started by Bryan H., September 11, 2006, 07:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan H.

I know there's been loads of great profiles but has there been a Raspberry Ripple MiG-17F?  Jennings?!?!   :)

:cheers: Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

Daryl J.

707?
737?

B-29 (Washington)?
P-3C?

Oh...wait...they *all* look good in Raspberry Ripple!   :D

Daryl J., who's often been tempted to do a Spitfire Mk.1  with RR

TsrJoe

mm...a 'rasperry ripple' group build theme, its funny that..as Darryl notes most types look good in the scheme, i recall seeing such types as the Sabre and Hornet on the forum over the years, itd be neat to have them all on one reference section of the site!

for my own efforts iv always fancied a late mark Spitfire, a Chipmunk and a Lightning in RAE. colours...hmmm soo many projects soo little time!

:ph34r:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Radish

There's a few subjects in Raspberry Ripple, drawn by Jennings here:

http://www.madoc.us/profiles.html

They include the Lightning F.3, Hornet F3, Mossie PRXVI, Spit XIV, Skyhawk and Warthog FGA1.
Don't forget the Su-30 either.
Lovely.

A B-29 or B-50 would be spectacular :wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

I'm working on a Raspberry Ripple airplane right now, but I can't reveal what it is, for I want the surprise to be complete :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

XV107

Other possibilities include 'Rippling' the Su-22 (one of which actually appeared at Boscombe Down courtesy of the Germans post-reunification),  plus, using the same source - a MiG-21, a MiG-23, perhaps a MiG-29; maybe a MiG-19 for the ETPS? Also, a Pucara post-Falklands and maybe one of the captured A-109s (before the Hereford Gun Club's support flight borrowed them).

For the more spectacular possibilities, a C-5, on charge at Boscombe Down as a result of the RAF's desire to buy said type being fulfilled, and perhaps, just perhaps, a B-52...

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Raspberry Ripple, eh ?

Nimrod
Hercules
Canberra PR9
Harvard
Strikemaster
Puma
Chinook

'Clunk'
Lansen
Arrow

Voodoo or any Century series - yes that does include the F-111
Sabre
Thunderjet or Thundersteak
Tiger or Tigershark
T-28/Trojan
T-2 Buckeye

Oooh, gotta go and lie-down now my brain is hurting ! :dum:

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Jeffry Fontaine

QuoteFor the more spectacular possibilities, a C-5, on charge at Boscombe Down as a result of the RAF's desire to buy said type being fulfilled, and perhaps, just perhaps, a B-52...
You left out by design or accident, one of the more spectactular aircraft of that era, the B-58 Hustler.  

The Hustler B.1 would be an interesting aircraft to see painted up in RR.  Maybe a Blue Steel or Skybolt attached for trials.  

Especially in 1/48th scale...
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Chris707

P1127

QuoteCanberra PR9

Strikemaster
Puma
There have been R/R Pumas (XW241, ZA941)

and Jet Provost T5s (XS230)

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0540600/L/

and there was the modified canberra PR9/SC9 XH132

It's not an effing  jump jet.

Mossie

Not to mention the venerable Dak:

I managed to bum an old decal set off someone on another forum, my Revell Dak will be getting this treatment.

Simon.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Radish

Lovely Dak.

A Dak looks good in anything, though :wub:

What about a Raspberry Ripple Sesqui-Camel or SesqE-5A??
Gods that sounds good!!! :wub:  :wub:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

And has anyone done Lancer's favourite aircraft? The F-16?? :lol: