F-47 Thunderbolt
ShinMeiwa
Captured ME-262
A-10
AH-1W Cobra
A380
AC-130 Spectre
:cheers:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Daryl J.

Burn the heretic! 

Actually, the ShinMeiwa idea is fantastic along with the Cobra.   Cool ideas dude!

Daryl J.

PanzerWulff

Ok 1 thing I have always wondered, What was the reason for the RR Scheme anyway? it doesn't seem to be a combat scheme, it seems to be a scheme for Trainers or non combat Transport & Rescue
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

PR19_Kit

The Ripple scheme originated at RAE Boscombe Down, the R&D development site for aircraft, systems and methods in the UK. Co-located there is the Empire Test Pilots School, and they both used a derivative of RR, not that there ever was, or is, a 'standard' scheme.

The aircraft just needed to be super visible for camera observation of test flights etc. and previously there was a mess of black/white, NMF/Yellow, Red/White etc etc. To a certain extent the RR schemes brought them all under one umberella.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PanzerWulff

Ahhhh Sort of like the NASA flight test aircraft scheme (sort of like why the bell X-1 was painted Orange) Ok I get it thanks for the clarification  :thumbsup:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

GTX

Quote from: dragon on March 23, 2009, 09:29:58 PM
Maybe I am bordering on heresy, but here are my suggestions:

F-14D Super Tom Cat
S-37 Berkut
OV-10D Bronco
F-47 Thunderbolt
ShinMeiwa
Captured ME-262
A-10
AH-1W Cobra
A380
AC-130 Spectre
:cheers:

Look back one page for the A-10.  Love the Me-262 idea :thumbsup:.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Some more suggestioins:

Mirage III
Mirage F.1
Mirage 2000
Rafale

Regards,

Greg

PR19_Kit

Quote from: PanzerWulff on March 24, 2009, 04:47:16 PM
Ahhhh Sort of like the NASA flight test aircraft scheme (sort of like why the bell X-1 was painted Orange) Ok I get it thanks for the clarification 

Panzer,

Yes, sort of. As I read it NASA is a civilian operation, and there isn't really an equivalent in the UK. The RAE may have a similar brief, and many of its staff are civilians, but it tends to deal mainly with military projects, thus most of the RR aircraft carry military serials and roundels. There are some aircraft on the RAE fleet that are not military in purpose, like BAC-111s, but they carry out quasi-military tasking like being an airborne laboratory etc.

The Empire Test Pilots School is a wholly military setup, and not just for UK crews either, as the school has students from many foreign air forces on its classes too. In this case I think there is a US equivalent, isn't there? Don't the USAF and the USN run their own test pilots schools?

I bet they don't have pretty colour schemes like the ETPS though......  :lol:

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

B777LR

Strike the Mil Mi-8 off the list of aircraft not typically seen in Raspberry Ripple - Here it is, ex-Bulgarian:

GTX

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: P1127 on September 13, 2006, 03:39:33 AM
QuoteCanberra PR9

Strikemaster
Puma
There have been R/R Pumas (XW241, ZA941)

Oh look a Puma .............................. :blink:...in one piece. :wacko:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

B777LR

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on April 13, 2009, 04:38:20 PM
Oh look a Puma .............................. :blink:...in one piece. :wacko:

Impossible, there is no thing as a complete Puma! :wacko:

fallenphoenix

Sure there is, well 120,000 parts flying in loose formation if that counts  :rolleyes:

Craig
Per Ardua Ad Astra

"Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Nigel Bunker

Life's too short to apply all the stencils

B777LR

Quote from: fallenphoenix on April 14, 2009, 12:02:02 AM
Sure there is, well 120,000 parts flying in loose formation if that counts  :rolleyes:

Craig

+ - a few