EE Canberra and Martin B-57

Started by lancer, March 04, 2004, 01:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on October 17, 2013, 07:12:24 PM
I was thinking about the Canberra with swept wings...

Has anybody considered doing any of the following: Moving the engine nacelle further back along the wing; adding larger wing-fillets; replacing the wing with a crescent wing

I had the idea/plan to take a PR.9 fuselage (Matchbox kit) and mate it with the outer wings from a VEB Plasticart Tu-20 bomber in 1:100, with two turboprops and swept stabilizers. So far only that vague idea...  :wacko:

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 04, 2014, 01:41:16 AM
Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on October 17, 2013, 07:12:24 PM
I was thinking about the Canberra with swept wings...

Has anybody considered doing any of the following: Moving the engine nacelle further back along the wing; adding larger wing-fillets; replacing the wing with a crescent wing

I had the idea/plan to take a PR.9 fuselage (Matchbox kit) and mate it with the outer wings from a VEB Plasticart Tu-20 bomber in 1:100, with two turboprops and swept stabilizers. So far only that vague idea...  :wacko:

Now you have given me an idea to use with something else.....

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

McColm

Gondor

Now I remember what it was  ;D

Gondor

McColm

That means there's a naked bear on the loose! :party:

Hang on a moment, if the 1/100 Tu-20 fuselage is roughly the same diameter as the 1/72 E-2 Hawkeye. That could be an interesting kitbash!

Gondor

Forgotten what it was again  :banghead:

must write it down if I remember again

Gondor

McColm

Has anyone tried positioning the wing in a W shape. It would mean cutting the wings up either side of the engine. Might have a go with the Revell B-57 kit.

Gondor

Quote from: Gondor on August 02, 2014, 11:37:07 AM
Forgotten what it was again  :banghead:

must write it down if I remember again

Gondor

I remember now!

I thought it was something other than what it is which is why I had thought I had forgotten it  :blink:

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Reading my newly bought Canberra missive from the Aeroplane Magazine series I read that the very first idea for the aircraft was to have one monster 12000 lb thrust centrifugal engine in the fuselage with wing root intakes and a (big...) jet pipe going all the way to the tail. The bomb bay would be the lower half of the fuselage between the engine and the cockpit with a fuel tank above it, and there was to be another tank arranged AROUND the jetpipe aft of the engine!

Sounds bizarre but it would make a great model I'm sure, has anyone tried it yet?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

I think there's a drawing of that in BSP Bombers?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

More than likely, sadly I don't have a copy of it. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

There is a 3-view in English Electric Aircraft: And Their Predecessor, by Ransom and Fairclough, Putnam 2003.

Along with 3-views of the Westland straight-through twin-engine fighter-bomber Petter took with him to English Electric,
and the later wing-root mounted twin-AJ.65(Avon) swept-wing design.

McColm

Has anyone attempted to build the 1/72 Mach2 RB-57F kit?
The fuselage could be changed or chopped to make it fit, metal landing gear and resin tyres. Resin cockpit and vacform clear canopy or canopies depending if it is a Whiff based on the PR9/7 version. T33 turbofans from FlightPath.
Or a seaplane version by dropping the wings in downwards position with floats at the wingtips. Depending on the angles used the bomb bay doors could be opened or a long range fuel tank added. Could even fit ELINT or photo reccy from the RB-47 resin conversion kit. Possible V-tail, and or additional engines mounted on pylons above the wings.