EE Canberra and Martin B-57

Started by lancer, March 04, 2004, 01:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: Mossie on June 14, 2021, 02:20:03 AM
I've looked a bit closer at using a Dominie nose to create this and it's possible, with a bit of shunting and reshaping.

Just overlaid a FROG/NOVO Canberra B(I)8 on to Jetstream plans and the latter's fuselage depth, width and cross-section look to be a spot on match.

Now seriously fighting off the temptation to be diverted down that particular whif rabbit hole.  I already have two, possibly three, ideas for the Lightning, Hunter and Canberra GB and frankly don't need another!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Mossie

Quote from: kitbasher on April 18, 2022, 04:30:21 AM
Quote from: Mossie on June 14, 2021, 02:20:03 AM
I've looked a bit closer at using a Dominie nose to create this and it's possible, with a bit of shunting and reshaping.

Just overlaid a FROG/NOVO Canberra B(I)8 on to Jetstream plans and the latter's fuselage depth, width and cross-section look to be a spot on match.

Now seriously fighting off the temptation to be diverted down that particular whif rabbit hole.  I already have two, possibly three, ideas for the Lightning, Hunter and Canberra GB and frankly don't need another!

Just to feed temptation, :wacko: Robert mentioned the Sword U-125 kit that lacks the bulge of the Dominie and has a more curved windscreen that could match the mock up well.  After my experience with the Dominie, I think either the U-125 or Jetstream would be an easier option.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

I've actually used a Prowler cockpit detail set in my STOVL Canberra although I went with a Vulcan canopy to go over it, polished out though ---

What I did was to use the port side of the cockpit as is, but then used the rear starboard side of the cockpit so I had a radar console in the instrument panel.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ysi_maniac

Different eras (early and late) of Canberra bombers. :thumbsup:

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

T tailed Canberra: the Very British Bomber. ;) :thumbsup:

Will die without understanding this world.