EE Canberra and Martin B-57

Started by lancer, March 04, 2004, 01:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJ_Lesnick

That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

bobbo

Quote from: Old Paul on April 09, 2010, 10:46:37 AM
To revive an old thread...how about something like this?

A Canberra with a reverse-engineered Martin B-57 cockpit. Perhaps for anti-shipping strike?
I see you can get an Eduard 1/72 B-57 on-line for about twelve squid at the moment...hmmmmmmmmm!

DO IT!!!!!

bobbo

KJ_Lesnick

Now that I think about it, it would probably look better if you'd move the engines a little further back along the swept wing.  I assume you plan to build a model, so I'm wondering which model kit do you plan on getting the swept wing from?
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Jeffry Fontaine

How about mating the cockpit, windscreen, and canopy from the A-6 Intruder with the Canberra?  As an alternative to the original fishbowl canopy of the early Canberras. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

PR19_Kit

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on June 22, 2010, 05:24:38 PM
.....so I'm wondering which model kit do you plan on getting the swept wing from?

How about a B-66 with the engines moved up a few feet?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on August 08, 2010, 10:56:31 PM
How about mating the cockpit, windscreen, and canopy from the A-6 Intruder with the Canberra?  

Someone is doing that with a Vulcan on Britmodeller;

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53050&hl=Vulcan

And I know that a Vulcan canopy fits on a Canberra very nicely  (see my STOVL Canberra thread) and I happen to be using a A-6 cockpit tub in it too, so this would look really cool
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rickshaw

Does anybody know of a B.2 or B.20 kit in 1/72 which is available?  Or how about a conversion nose for the B-57 or the B(I)8 or PR.9 kits which are available?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

The Wooksta!

High Planes did a couple of Cranberries - I have two, one of which is a B.2.

Shouldn't be that difficult to find down under!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on October 11, 2010, 03:01:53 AM
Does anybody know of a B.2 or B.20 kit in 1/72 which is available?  Or how about a conversion nose for the B-57 or the B(I)8 or PR.9 kits which are available?

Lee beat me to it. Amongst others they do a B.2 and a B.20. I've got the B.20

http://www.hiplanes.com/

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 11, 2010, 03:20:22 AM
High Planes did a couple of Cranberries - I have two, one of which is a B.2.

Shouldn't be that difficult to find down under!

What are their quality?  I wasn't that impressed with the CA27 I used in my Sea Dingo.  I'm hoping for long run injection quality.  Didn't Airfix used to have a B.2/20 kit?

NARSES2

The High Planes Canberra's take some work from what I've read (not built mine yet) but were at the better end of the spectrum for the range.

Both Italeri and MPM have a B2/B6 planned. Probably the same kit and the Italeri one has a price on Hannants so may be imminent ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 11, 2010, 03:47:27 AM
The High Planes Canberra's take some work from what I've read (not built mine yet) but were at the better end of the spectrum for the range.

Both Italeri and MPM have a B2/B6 planned. Probably the same kit and the Italeri one has a price on Hannants so may be imminent ?

So it would seem.  This site seems to actually be selling it - http://www.hobbyboss.co.uk/italeri_172_canberra_b2b6-p-15236.html

Anybody able to check?

NARSES2

May well be selling it but they don't have any stock, if I'm reading the "stock bar" information correctly.

It's also not on the Italari site yet

kitbasher

Aeroclub did a vacform convetrsion kit for the old Airfix B-57 and FROG/NOVO B(I)8 to convert to the B2/PR3/T4/B6/PR7.  Subsequently re-released as an injection moulded conversion with extra internal parts (bulkheads mainly).  Glazing is vac-formed, and include white metal ejection seats.
I have a vacform edition and a couple of injection ones.  Will be using the latter but happy to swap the former for old Airfix B-57 interior.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Daryl J.

Steel Beach futzed some resin F-14 noses and I got one of the very few errant copies for free.  (Thanks, Darren Roberts, you're a class act.)   The mistake is the bottom contours are far too round.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:    I'm hoping to graft it onto Airfix' B-57B and load it up with Phoenix missiles, make a glass cockpit, and add some more modern resin ejection seats.    The bare Airfix cockpit is really a plus for such project.   Credit goes to Aeroplane Driver's pointy nosed Hunter for the inspiration, jewel that it is.

I can't quite bring myself to replace the cockpit and nose with one from a F/A-18F.   Yet. 

:cheers:
Daryl J.