EE Canberra and Martin B-57

Started by lancer, March 04, 2004, 01:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJack76

@ Old Paul,

You could use the wings from a Tamiya 1/100 scale B-52 for that, they look pretty similar.  You'd need to cut off the outboard 1/3 of the span, slice away the pylons, then splice the wings to make room for the B-57's engine pods.  Glue together, smooth over with putty and attach to the B-57 fuselage and you're set.

Mossie

Here's a page from the Flight Archive.  It shows two early designs for the Canberra, but most interstingly there's the proposed airliner version, with larger 10ft fuselage and a low mounted wing. http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1958/1958%20-%200319.pdf
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

loupgarou

Lovely  :wub:
the airliner is really a shorty. It already gives me ideas. ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

OGL built the Canberra airliner IIRC, it takes some thinking to realise that it IS a Canberra!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 17, 2013, 05:13:45 AM
OGL built the Canberra airliner IIRC, it takes some thinking to realise that it IS a Canberra!

I would say as about as much as this is a Vulcan, Kit  ----  :lol:

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

McColm

I like the rear facing seating!!

The Wooksta!

Most airliners were planned that way and all RAF operated transport had rear facing seats.  It was only consumer pressure that makes the airlines have forward facing seats.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

The few remaining VC10 C1s still do have rearward facing seats.

BEA's Trident 1 & 2s had rear facing seats in the front 3 rows of Tourist Class which meant you faced the other passengers if you were in the rearmost row of those seats. Mrs PR_19 and I once got three lots of drinks and three meals on a trip back from Berlin once by using that arrangement to our advantage (it's a long story......  ;D) It was great on landing but with the steep take-off angle of Tridents on the Berlin route it was a trifle un-nerving as you hung in your seat belts as the aircraft climbed out!

And yes Robert, it DOESN'T look much like a Vulcan.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

So that's what an Avro Atlantic should look like. I wonder what happened to the build that was on here some time ago?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

Quote from: Gondor on January 17, 2013, 02:33:25 PM
So that's what an Avro Atlantic should look like. I wonder what happened to the build that was on here some time ago?

Gondor

Um! this one ---

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rickshaw

USAF still uses rear-facting seats in all its troop carrying aircraft.  It is safer, particularly in case of a crash on take-off or landing because of the deceleration forces involved.   As mentioned, civilian passengers like to see where they are going, not where they have been, so forward-facing seats are now the norm for them.   BTW, when travelling by train, it is always safest to choose the rear-facing seats, for the same reasons.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on January 17, 2013, 04:12:58 PM
   BTW, when travelling by train, it is always safest to choose the rear-facing seats, for the same reasons.

You can say THAT again! Having been aboard a test train that went clean off the end of our test track at around 50 mph I can confirm that rear facing seats on trains work a treat in an accident.  ;D

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

Briliant build, I wonder if I could use the Vulcan wings on a 1/144 Boeing 747 :banghead:

loupgarou

Quote from: McColm on January 18, 2013, 11:23:07 AM
Briliant build, I wonder if I could use the Vulcan wings on a 1/144 Boeing 747 :banghead:

Brilliant indeed, Wooksta.  :thumbsup:
McColm: or you could use a Boeing 707 or similar on the same scale as the Vulcan for a slender look.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.