Fast build: P-40

Started by cthulhu77, September 13, 2006, 05:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Since I need some aircraft for backrounds, I hit the local hobby store (thehobbydepot) and picked up a P-51, a P-38, and a P-40...all by RevelloGram in 48th scale for some ultra fast builds.
 Cockpit so far (added on belts and buckles):

John Howling Mouse

For background subjects but you're putting seatbelts on full-blown interiors?

Aye, you're a modeller, that's for sure!   ;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Leigh

Good luck getting that twisted mis-shapen mold together "Fast". I gave up on mine and went and bought the ARII one instead. Did i mention ARII stuff is a dream to build.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

cthulhu77

Oh, no problemo!  A little bit of hot water and some weight...piece of cake. After building some "HitKit"'s, this is a walk through the park:

cthulhu77

all filled in, the cowling lower panels opened up, and the panel lines:

Now, to pick a camo!

cthulhu77

K5054NZ

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Amen to the quick build!

:wub:  :wub:  B)  :wub:  :wub:

About time we saw some more P-40s on the board. Alright! Go Greg Go! Looks like she'll be another stunner! What're the plans for the other three?

cthulhu77

Thanks!  All whif configurations and colours...picked up a P-61 today also. You know, as much as I have been collecting 72nds all these years, the 48ths are a hell of a lot easier to build!

The clearcoat was just sprayed on after some weathering...once that is dry, I'll move onto final assembly, decals.

John Howling Mouse

What do you pack in your cockpit for paintmask?

cthulhu77

QuoteWhat do you pack in your cockpit for paintmask?
Kleenex, then moisten with a damp brush to set...

Decals started:

AeroplaneDriver

What a great looking quick build!

I've got a soft spot for the 1/48 Monogram WWII stuff, since these were the first non-Airfix/Matchbox models I built when we moved to the US when I was a kid.  Sure, they're a bit on the crude side compared to TamiHaseCademy, but they always remind me of the pure joy of building a model as a kid.  

Nice to see someone make a rael jewel out of one of them!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Jealousy Switch..... ON

You lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, b*st*rd ! - I pray for the day when I can do a quick-build. Will I ever get my a*se in gear to do that.... Probably not !

Jealousy Switch...... SAFE

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Brian da Basher

Greg that P-40 is absolutely gorgeous in desert camo and those early style U.S.A.A.C. markings! She's one beautiful bird! :wub:

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Here is one of the first shots:

John Howling Mouse