busy week

Started by Martin H, September 14, 2006, 04:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Well i should have been in Cornwall this week for a family holiday. but the youngest of our pooches has been taken ill and has been orderd to have as much rest as posible....no long walks along the cornish coast in otherwords.
So seeing the oppertunity to get some building done I selflessly offered to stay behind and look after the dogs.

Heres a few of the results.

Its the Emhar Lockheed F-94C, with the marking out of a Heller F-86. (the F-94 decals were water damaged)

Fw 190TL project. Useing an old hHeller kit with a turned steel nose that i picked up of some guy from the York stand at the Huddersfeild show....Marking off an old hasagawa 190 kit.

Yes a captured Lysander. the idea being, one of the burnt out wrecks we left behind in france after Dunkirk. rebuilt by the Germans, and given a new engine, off a Henschell 126 recci bird. And handed to what became KG200 (the Luftwaffe's secret squiral outfit) for spy dropping work in the UK. So shes a Mk-1 not the custom built spydropping mk-3. u may just spot the drop tank slung under the belly , thats off a He 111. I was tempted to do her in this scheme but with RAF markings over the german ones and an Air min number for her recapture at the end of the war...but that was to subtle. Matchbox kit of course.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Martin H

fitted the heller kit with a bit of sanding down the plastic a bit, but it should fit any 190 kit from what the blurb that came with it said.
Unfortunately,

AeroplaneDriver

I cant claim to be a dan of anything with a swastika, but your Lysnder looks very nice.  Love the F-94 though!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Shasper

Dontcha just luv dog sittin' ? Good stuff!

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

nev

That F-94 is just  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Hey that Lysander looks just too right in that scheme. Are you SURE it's a What If ?

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Great work Martin - love the F94 and the Lysander looks the business  :wub:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ollie

Whoa, awesome stuff Martin!!

:wub:  :wub:  

lancer

Some seriously sweet builds there mate. Love the Lizzie and the F94.  What was the F94 like to build??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

anthonyp

That F-94 is just great!  Looks natural in those colors.

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Captain Canada

I'm agreed with everyone here, that -94 is beautiful ! Does look right at home in those colours.....

The Lizzie as well, love the camo....great stuff !

Now, as for the Fw...that thing is just plain ugly ! What is it supposed to be ? A jet engine ? I have to admit to knowing nowt about Luftwaffe stuff.....

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Martin H

Lance, the F-94 build was pretty good, a few bits and bobs require some work, but nothing to worry about.

As for the FW 190TL, yep jet powered.  The following is off the instruction sheet for the conversion.
One of the earliest FW jet powered projects was this 1941 design, which consisted simply of a basic FW 190 airframe with a Focke Wulf designed turbojet (rated at 1323lb/600kg thrust) in place of the BMW 801 piston engine.
The engine comprised a two stage radial compressor, single stage turbine and an annular combustion chamber. there was no jet pipe as such, the exhaust passing through an annular outlet running compleatly around the circumference of the fuselage immediately infront of the wing leading edge. developement was discontinued in 1942. it was intended to carry 310 imp gal/1410lit of fuel.

And the Lizzy. Well ive been threatning to do a captured example for a while, so i finaly bit the bullet and did one.
Unfortunately,

Brian da Basher

Those are some real wizzard builds there Martin! I particularly like that F-94 in Von Richtofen squadron markings! :wub:

That captured Lysander is sure to be a real head-turner!

Brian da Basher