Main Menu

Pirates!

Started by rallymodeller, September 15, 2006, 10:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

aaaarrgghh, aaarrgghh!
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Spey_Phantom

poirat day moight be over, but i have shown me good poirate spirit.
boot now lads, its toime to save our accents till next year.

Shivver me timber, blow me down and until next year.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

BlackOps

I just happen to have a Curtiss SOC-3 Seagull here that would work nicely as a Pirate Plane :)

This is a great idea for a Group Build!!!    :ar:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Daryl J.

Jeff,

What about the Mitsubishi Pete?   It's reliable, simple, manoeuverable, and can carry a passenger........?

I agree, this is fantastic material for a GB.

Daryl J.

GTX

Turning to the other side of the world - what if a bunch of Nazis fled to South/Central America and set themselves up as a pirate organisation operating with some Arado Ar.196s and/or Heinkel He.115s and/or Blohm und Voss BV.138s.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Hi folks,

To help those creative juices, I'd thought I'd remind everyone of the following related threads:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...=6925&hl=pirate
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...6987&hl=comoros

And to wet your appetite, remember this?

Regards,

Greg

Radish

It be good, Cap'n :P  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Daryl J.

So would the main pirate ship be a left-over Elco 80?  S-boote?

Daryl J.

rallymodeller

If we're talking about 1950's Nazi runaway Pirates of the Caribbean. they could be just about anything they could get out. S-boots, E-boots, Type VIIC U-boots...
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Daryl J.

How about these ideas:

An 'Almost Lighter Than Air' ship --->  Zepplin-like shape with length-to-beam ratio of at least 7:1/both ends quite pointed.   Just fore of the midpoint having the gondola.   Coming off the fuselage (is that what the main part of a Zepplin is called???)  one stubby wing per side used for lift with pointed Pushme-Pullyou engines.   Given the lighter-than-air craft are usually promoted as Nazi craft this one would be on the pirate side.    Either 1/48 or 1/72 scale.

:ar:  :ar:  :ar:  :ar:  :ar:

[Edit]  The Ju-52/PAK 75 is great!

BlackOps

Daryl, I think the lighter than airship is a very good idea for pirates to launch and retrieve fighters from. Also might be handy in raising sunken treasure  :P  

Where in the heck would I keep a 1/72 dirigible? I'm already limited on space but the idea is very tempting!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

rallymodeller

--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

GTX

Love it.  Now where can I get some Skull and cross bone decals?

Regards,

Greg

Mossie

RAF 100 Sqn have skull & cross bones, Model Alliance do a sheet.

VF-84 Jolly Rogers also (funnily enough) have skull & cross bones on there tails, plenty of decals available for these!

Not all Pirates used the Jolly Roger, Blackbeard had his own symbol & plenty of others did too.  VF-101 Grim Reapers might work well!

ARRRRGGGHHH! :ar:

Simon.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

What about the 'victims'?  Airliners with gun turrets?  Or CANNON?!?!?

Fighter support in Airline livery?  Strike aicraft for attack on pirate surface vessels?

Pirate carriers?

:ar:  :ar:  :ar:

Simon
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.