Main Menu

Pirates!

Started by rallymodeller, September 15, 2006, 10:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

If this one ever gets off the ground I have been saving an old Tamiya 1/50 F1M2 "Pete" floatplane for it,Recoiless rifle for the rear gunner maaaaaaaaaybe :wacko:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Weaver

Quote from: BlackOps on October 17, 2008, 07:15:26 PM
Anybody feel like dusting off this subject?  ;D   I was thinking it might be cool to do some desert pirates, ala land raiding party for intercepting desert caravans.

I need to work on some pirate projects!

Hmm - I recall a Mad Maxish cartoon strip that had some "Desert Pirates" who tooled around in grounded jet aircraft with the wings pruned and over-size tires fitted. Can't remember what it was though........ :huh:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Update - it was in Ken Steacy's Tempus Fugitive, book 4. There are few frames from this 1990/91 comic book on the web, but not of the bit I mean. Worth a look though - the whole thing is basically whiff-p0rn...... :wub:

Exhibit a:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

BlackOps

OK, those jet cars would look cool with sails rigged to them, fuels expensive you know!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

tanktastic43

Oh my..! The jet cars are genius.  :wub:

philp

These have gotta make it into a GB.

Other ideas:
Boats on skis for frozen transit (read a couple good books around this, Icerigger)
Planes turned into boats (that Disney movie with the upside down B-29 raft)
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sotoolslinger

Love the jet off road vehicles :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Weaver

Nice way to use up anything you've nicked the wings off, eh?  :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

GTX

Folks,

We keep missing this one, but it is coming again - International Talk Like A Pirate Day on Sep 19th. 

Therefore, I propose a 1 month (as opposed to the 1 week GB) GB for Pirate themed ideas.  Proposed dates would be Aug 19 - Sep 19.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

puddingwrestler

Arr! And we be keel haulin' any scurvy dog who don't post like a pirate me lads!

Now if ye be excusin' me, there be some timbers here in need o' shiverin'.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Henry Yeh

Arrr! Avast me hearties, tis time to hoist th' mains'l and raise the joli rouge in search of booty on th' stormy high seas. They be scurvy dogs wearin' th' mark of the Crown, wreakin' injustice on me mateys, who want nothin' more than the comp'ny of a foine wench, a noggin o' rum, and a pinch o' smokin terbaccy in their bowls. They be a motley but foine crew, and d'not deserve th' sting o' th' lash o' th' dank o' th' dungeon.
Somali pirate song

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on October 19, 2008, 02:50:14 AM
Update - it was in Ken Steacy's Tempus Fugitive, book 4. There are few frames from this 1990/91 comic book on the web, but not of the bit I mean. Worth a look though - the whole thing is basically whiff-p0rn...... :wub:

Exhibit a:

I could do several of these from my stash, but I'm inclined to go for a two-seater so it can have an MG ring over the back. I've therefore settled in principle on an Italeri Tornado GR.1, but in the Lightning's glorious stripes. Whether I'll find the time is another matter though... :rolleyes:

- Indiana Jones

Cliffy B

Quote from: Mossie on September 28, 2006, 01:53:57 AM
RAF 100 Sqn have skull & cross bones, Model Alliance do a sheet.

VF-84 Jolly Rogers also (funnily enough) have skull & cross bones on there tails, plenty of decals available for these!

Not all Pirates used the Jolly Roger, Blackbeard had his own symbol & plenty of others did too.  VF-101 Grim Reapers might work well!

ARRRRGGGHHH! :ar:

Simon.

Don't forget about VF-142 the "Ghostriders"

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:F-14A_Tomcat_VF-142.jpg

A 1/72 Italeri F-14 comes with the decals for that one.  Not sure of aftermarket sets though...
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I probably wont be building anything - not even a Buccaneer - however, I will be with you in spirit so-to-speak. The 19th is our first day of a round of watch's, and it's a Sunday, therefore there will be no Management types around..... Can you imagine the grins on the faces of folks listening-out for the shipping forecast when we broadcast

"G'arrrr, this be the Liverpool Pirate with the Shippin' Forecast, there be warnings of terrible high waves and mermaids in the Oirish Zee" etc..... Might even buy a Skull'n Crossbones flag to run-up the flagpole outside the station for the day - if I do, I swear I'll take a photo or two !

Ian

Can somebody tell me where to get that animated Skull'n Crossbones for my signature, please ??
:unsure:
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

GTX

This one, ya' rabid bilge rat?

Captain Greg, The Beardless One
All hail the God of Frustration!!!