Mirage F2...

Started by Archibald, September 16, 2006, 06:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

The Mirage F2 (I already mentioned it various times...) was akind of scaled-up, two-seat strike variant of the Mirage F1. In fact it flew before the F1 (in June 1966), rose many interested in Israel but stayed at the prototype stage.

What is interesting with this aircraft (and its VG sibling, the Mirage G) is the cockpit are very similar to the two-seat Mirage-2000 (B/D/N).
I bought the three variant of the two-seat 2000 along the years. The 2000B was changed into the F2 prototype, and the 2000D will end as a new Mirage G (the former was crap).
Some years ago I had bought the 2000N, but quickly dismantled it. The cockpit had a long life as a spare, but finally I decided mae another Mirage F2 with it.
This Mirage F2 was an operational variant for the Spanish Air Force (Ejercito Del Aire).
Here's the two Mirage F2 side-by-side... a Mirage G will follow in some days...

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Tophe

And with different noses/radars to be even more original! Congratulations!
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Archibald

French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

NARSES2

The Spanish one looks good with those markings and loaded
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

anthonyp

Looks good, Archie!  

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Archibald

This was the old Mirage G I showed you some weeks ago. Cockpit come from an old 2000N... I had to clean the canopy, and it was not an easy task!! Magic AAM and ventral tank come from a 2000D, bomb racks from the "Granby" F-111.
If anybody is interesting by spanish decals... I have plenty of them, because I asked Heller roundels from Mirage IIIE and Mirage F1  B)
Three days ago I bought a Zvezda MiG-27 and a Mirage 2000D. I plan to merge the two to obtain a Mirage G as good as the F2s.

This mean that I will have the rear part of a 2000 (tail, delta wing) and the forward part of a MiG-27 (cockpit, square air intakes)
And I'm asking what to do with those remains... Please, guys, I need ideas!!!  
^_^  

Tophe

What about a Mirage Delta with MiG nose? (you almost suggested it yourself ;) )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

elmayerle

Combine the two, adding canards to improve handling and do a specialized ground attack Mirage variant with lots of hardpoints.  *smile* Of course, if you have a couple spare M53 exhaust nozzles, I could put those to good use.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

ysi_maniac

QuoteThis mean that I will have the rear part of a 2000 (tail, delta wing) and the forward part of a MiG-27 (cockpit, square air intakes)
^_^
Whenever you combine 2 models to get 1, the remaining parts make for another whatif.

That spanish F2 touches me  :wub: . Just a point: spanish standard camo was three tones: brown, green and sand. I know this is whatif but I think it looks cooler. B)  ;)
Will die without understanding this world.

Archibald

QuoteThis mean that I will have the rear part of a 2000 (tail, delta wing) and the forward part of a MiG-27 (cockpit, square air intakes)
^_^
Whenever you combine 2 models to get 1, the remaining parts make for another whatif.

That spanish F2 touches me  :wub: . Just a point: spanish standard camo was three tones: brown, green and sand. I know this is whatif but I think it looks cooler. B)  ;)

I totally agree with that. Currently have the wings of the 2000B changed into the F2 prototype, a Viggen fin,(rest of the Granby one)  air intakes from Tophe's T-2,  undercarriage from a Mirage IV, and MiG-23 canopy!!
And the remains I mentionned.

My spanish F2 camo is clearly fantasy. I followed my instinct, not photos... Well, there was an article about Spanish Phantoms in an old magazine, but thanks to the Murphy law, I can't find it since I started my spanish period (also made a Super Hornet two months ago, Ysi. Hope you saw it :) )

I'm currently reflexioning about you proposals, guys!! Thank you...

ysi_maniac

Quote(also made a Super Hornet two months ago, Ysi. Hope you saw it :) )
I did and I posted ... long time ago. :cheers:
Will die without understanding this world.

pometablava

QuoteJust a point: spanish standard camo was three tones: brown, green and sand

I love the model but acurate "Ejército del Aire" markings would have made it sexier!.

I love the F1 since I visited its home base in La Mancha when I was a child. At that time they had the three tone cammo but blue colour was applied for the Islas Canarias detachment aircraft and lately all the fleet received air superiority grey.

Nice work Archibald :cheers:
Manzana in corpore sano

Archibald

Nice to see you here Antonio. Little world...!!!! (Key Punishing, Secret-Projects, the whatif and oddball model page, TSR-2 research group :P )