Horten Nachtjager finished!

Started by matrixone, September 16, 2006, 11:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here it is, the finished model.

I am almost finished with the DML Horten Ho 229B, by next week I might have some pics of it posted.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

Yet more to fool the "historians"! Excellent work on that camo, matrixone!

Brian da Basher

matrixone

Thanks for the comments Brian!

Two more pics...

Matrixone

BlackOps

Makes me wish I could take her up :)    :wub:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

cthulhu77

:cheers:  Hat's are off here...wow, does that b*stard look real, or what?

matrixone

Thanks Jeff and Greg!

This model turned out good and I feel it was worth the effort I put into it.

The bigger DML Horten Ho 229B is nearly finished but no pictures this weekend at least, rain is expected tomorrow.

More pics...

Matrixone

Sisko

That"s the PM Kit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Vader says "impressive......most impressive"

I binned mine becuase it was so bad. I went out and bought the revell one instead.  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Archibald

The plane is superb... the photos are superb...  :o  :)  :lol:  ^_^  B)  ;)
I'm impressed!!! Hope you are rpoud of your work, because it really rock!!  ;)  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

NARSES2

Oh wow  I just love flying wings and to see them executed in such a way is well just  :wub:

Just makes me realise the number of stunning modellers we have on this site - and yet the rest of us "run of the mill types" are just as happy to post. Says something about the people on here  :)

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks Sisko, Archibald, and NARSES2!

I think this PM kit of the Ho 229 is better than their Me P1111 kit.

One thing I did not like about this kit was the top and bottom wing halves were way too flat, I dipped the wing tips in very hot water and bent rear of the wing tips upward to add the same amount of washout to them that the full size Horten had, it took many tries to get it right but it worked.

Matrixone

Archibald

QuoteOh wow  I just love flying wings and to see them executed in such a way is well just  :wub:

Just makes me realise the number of stunning modellers we have on this site - and yet the rest of us "run of the mill types" are just as happy to post. Says something about the people on here  :)

Chris
Well, Narses, you have just read my though. How did you do that?  ^_^  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

lancer

Wow!!! Damm fine job Matrix. Nothing less than superb quality there. I love the Horten flying wngs anyways but this example is just amazing. I have one of the PM 2 seaters and a Revell single seater in the stash, I just hope that when I come to build them I can do them somewhere near as good as you.
You sir, are an inspiration to us all.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

matrixone

Thank you lancer!

You are lucky to have one of the Revell kits, a few years ago I had a chance to buy one but passed it up because I thought it was the PM molded kit in a Revell box, now I know better. I can only hope Revell will release that kit again.

If you like this PM kit that I built then you will love the DML Horten Ho 229B I just finished a few minutes ago! Its way better than the PM kit, no pics today of it but maybe next weekend I will have time and if the weather is still good.

Matrixone

cthulhu77

We are going to have to all chip in and buy Matrixone a sort of canopy, so he can continue to photograph his bloody stunning *&^%$# models at any time!   All we can do is sigh, and look at greatness!

greg

John Howling Mouse

QuoteWe are going to have to all chip in and buy Matrixone a sort of canopy, so he can continue to photograph his bloody stunning *&^%$# models at any time!   All we can do is sigh, and look at greatness!

greg
I have a feeling he could actually build a 1:1 hangar out of styrene for just that purpose!!

"All we can do is sigh, and look at greatness!"  (worth repeating)
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.