OA-4M Skyhawk in RAF service

Started by Daryl J., September 16, 2006, 08:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

If you can find a conversion in that scale for the A-4K "Kahu", the ESM bits fitted to the wingtips would be good to use.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

AeroplaneDriver

QuoteAfter popping the shrink wrap off, aftermarket seats are an option only with major internal surgery and that's not going to happen.  :-)   So, ESCAPAC seats it is.

Regards again,
Daryl J.
Ahhh....Monogram made their A-4s with molded seats didnt they..?

You could always sculpt the headboxes with a little putty/styrene for the MB Mk9 look...

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this project!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Mossie

I've got the Airfix Harrier GR.5 kit, the instructions reccomend H.120 for Lichen green, I can't remember the Nato green ref of the top of my head but I'll dig it out for you.

Humbrols conversion charts recommend FS.34277 & these colours in other ranges:

Testors: 1716
Life Color: UA060
Gunze: 312

Bare in mind that the H.120 may not be a perfect match for Lichen green & in turn that the recommended colours from other ranges may not be an exact match for H.120!

Simon.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Okay, NATO green is reccomended as H.102 in my GR.5 instructions.

There's no FS colour, NATO green is pretty much it's own beast. You can get it in the following ranges:

Tamiya: XF67
Tamiya Spray: TS61
Xtracolor: X018
Polyscale: 5354

I found these at Hannants, there are no equivalents for H.102 listed on the conversion chart so there's a chance it's not an exact match for NATO Green.

Simon
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.