BEGIUM REARMS !

Started by NARSES2, September 17, 2006, 02:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

With the rise in tension caused by the "Spitzbergen Incident" between the Western Alliance and the "Red Menace" during the mid 1930's the forces of both sides sought to modernise. Belgium in particular was in a quandry as to what to do as despite the good prospects for it's own indigenous Renard designs they were still a fair way off reaching production and service. France was in the process of re-equiping it's air-arm and was also heavily involved with helping develop the new Luftwaffe. The UK could provide some Gloster Gladiators but these were already being seen as obselescent. As for the newer Hurricane's, production had not ramped up sufficiently to consider overseas sales just yet.

Help was much nearer to hand however in the form of Fokker DXXi's from Holland.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Fokker had been seeking sales for it's DXXI and offered a Belgium a good deal. The Belgian goverment subsequently ordered 60 aircraft - 20 direct and 40 to be licenced built by Avion's Fairey.

This is one of the first aircraft to enter service with 4/11/2 Ae. based at Nivelles in April 1938.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

As this is one of the origional Fokker built machines it served in it's origional Dutch style camoflage.

These aircraft served until 1940 when they wee replaced by the indegionous Renard R38 and 40.

NARSES2

Kit is the 1/72 MPM "Dutch Defender" version. Markings a mix of kit's and "Kits at War" sheet K7/10 : Belgian AF

Apologies for the blured photo's blame my eyes  :(

Currently working on this aircrafts eventual succesors plus a Dutch Naval DXXI

Chris

Spey_Phantom

:wub:  wish we had them before the germans invaded, looks a lot better then the fiat cr42.

excellent work m8  :wub:  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

nev

obscure inter-war subject:  check

Colourful camoflage:  check

Spats:  check

There's this modeller from Pittsburgh, I reckon he'd quite like this ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Lovely, very nice indeed :D  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Sisko

Very nice and shhhhhhh don't mention that it has spats.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

AeroplaneDriver

My building interests really dont go any further back than WWII, which makes it all the nicer to see someone turn out a beautiful build from that period, since I know it's something I will likely never attempt.

Very nice in those colors too, but where the heck is "Begium"??   :P  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Shasper

*Waiting for BdB's reaction*

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote*Waiting for BdB's reaction*

Shas B)
He won't like it-he hates spats.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Archibald

Lovely! Nice kit, good paint sheme... I was astonished to see that Belgium had developed its own spitfire, the Renard fighters you mentioned  :o  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

John Howling Mouse

Sending SPATS! alert to BdaB...

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Yowsa Narses! That's one sweet looking Fokker! Awesome job on that camo scheme too! Those spats are waaaay sexy! :wub:

Further proof (as if any was needed) that spats add 1000% to the coolness factor of any aircraft! B)

I love spats! :wub:

Brian da Basher

lancer

Amazing build Chris. The is one sexy little fockker. It's coolness factor would be seriously enhanced, as well as a decent weight saving, by removal of the spats. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die