Merlin & Eagles

Started by Geoff_B, September 19, 2006, 01:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

Merlin GR1 7 Sqdn

Eagle GR1 12 Sqdn armed with AS-34

Eagle GR1 40 Sqdn

Eagle GR1 9 Sqdn armed with Bluewater 2

Eagle GR1 31 Sqdn armed with WE177 (in bomb bay)

retro_seventies

all fabulous geoff, every single one...

almost scared to say this, but that merlin is a stunning build.
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

kitnut617

love 'em all. very nice builds;  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

:cheers: Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Martin H

QuoteWooksta's prediction for the Nats - you will not be able to move without seeing TSR2s as the world, his wife and quite possibly his mistress too, will be building them.
witch only goes to prove we were right all along. that it was a sure fire winner
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Captain Canada

Beauty ! I especially enjoyed the Merlin...just looks too good in those colours, especially with the wings out and the flaps lowered...really sets her off.

I also liked the variations in the landing gear, sure gives them a different look !

Have fun at the show !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

MartG

OMG, they are gorgeous :wub:

Can't wait to get into my new house, get unpacked, and get building again :wacko:  
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Geoff_B

Cheers Guys

Only trouble with doing these is that its curtailled some of the more adventurous projects where i tend to do the scratch building. I do have one special project lined up for Telford and now that these are done i'll try and crack on with it.

Still got a few TSR2 planned based upon bits and articles from the MAM articles so might be able to add another pair for the TSR2 SIG stand at Telford. I would like to one using the CMK sets but the third cockpit set has yet to appear and given the timescale it would be better for a post Telford build.

As for Wooksta saying the place will be awash with TSR-2 than that would be great, afterall what best way to indicate the success of the SIG and its goals to promote awareness of the TSR2 and to have an injection moulded kit of the fine beast. Hopefully this year we can sit back and chill out at the show after having talking ourselves silly to all and sundry who would vist the table and ask about the TSR2 for the last three years.

By the way any who wish to display a completed TSR-2 on the TSR-2 SIG stand at Scale ModelWorld 2006, please feel free all i ask i that you contact us with the details as it would be nice to label each one if possible (Also give's us an idea on how to layout the display - numbers, versions, schemes etc).

Cheers

G

Ollie

Woo!

Great models Thorvic!

:wub:  :wub:  

Brian da Basher

You've got a fleet of beauties there, Thorvic! Some of the most eye-catching aircraft I've ever seen! Incredible work! Makes me wish I could join you at Telford. B)

Brian da Basher

Archibald

Nice to see you here! The other day I browsed the "workbench" section of this forum and was amazed by your models. now that's an impressive TSR-2 collection  :o  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Damian2

Thor you already know I love that Merlin!  :wub:  :wub:

Great job on all those other kits!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

nev

Ha!  And there I was thinking to myself the other day "self, Thorvic hasn't built shown anything on the forums for yonks", then hey presto!

Great stuff Geoff.  Like the one with the extended nosegear (SAMI set?) and LOVE the Merlin, great job on the dropped flaps & slats.

I too am awaiting delivery of the CMK detail set.  Gunna combine that with the SAMI recon pack on my last one.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

The F-111 looks wonderful :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

Amazing quality as usual Geoff - tremendous  :)  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Nice looking F-111....pity I shall miss it :dum:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen