Westland DoubleDyne

Started by Spellbinder99, September 23, 2006, 04:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Wait until Mossie sees this, that's just wicked though :wub:  :wub:

:cheers: Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Archibald

Well my f... computer forget (refuse? :angry:  :dum: )  to upload the pictures sometimes, so I couldn't see the model some minutes ago. But NOW... oh my god!!!
Hey! A Hercules with a rotor :o
This is simply fantastic, an incredible model in your collection. Keep on with this work...
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Son of Damian

Very very nice!!! B)  

My I suggest that you do RAAF bird in that way cool orange scheme that was trialed on the Caribou back in the 80's.  ;)  ;)

"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

BlackOps

Awesome build! I wouldn't go with anything too flashy, this is a very clean build and I would hate to distract from that.  :wub:

I do however thing that orange camo is pretty spiffy ;)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Realize it might never make sense in the "real" world but I cannot help but think it would look cool with a scheme incorporating these babies:

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Runway ? ...

Waay cool dude! I'm totally gobsmacked. I love it  :wub:  

Mossie

QuoteWait until Mossie sees this, that's just wicked though :wub:  :wub:

FANTASTIC!!!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Lovely job Spellbinder, I've been thinking along the similar lines myself.  I'm hoping to do a Rotodyne 'Z' version with two Tyne engines, I was thinking what a MLU would look like, you seem to have hit it on the head!

Funnily enough, I've been messing about with a few profiles for the Rotodyne, one of them is a rasberry ripple.  I'll post them in a day or two (when my home broadband connection finally gets running), & I'll see if my skills enable me to do a four engined version!

Just a suggestion, but if you put the probe on the lower fuselage like the Chinook you'd have more clearnce from the rotor.

Archie, Herc with rotor, you mean like this?:

If the Groen Brothers have there way, it may even get built!

Simon.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mike Wren

:wub:  amazing concept, amazing modelling!  :wub:  

SimonR

Awesome work SB99! This is real joy of whiffery when you see such an imaginitive kitbash.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Archibald

QuoteWait until Mossie sees this, that's just wicked though :wub:  :wub:

FANTASTIC!!!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Lovely job Spellbinder, I've been thinking along the similar lines myself.  I'm hoping to do a Rotodyne 'Z' version with two Tyne engines, I was thinking what a MLU would look like, you seem to have hit it on the head!

Funnily enough, I've been messing about with a few profiles for the Rotodyne, one of them is a rasberry ripple.  I'll post them in a day or two (when my home broadband connection finally gets running), & I'll see if my skills enable me to do a four engined version!

Just a suggestion, but if you put the probe on the lower fuselage like the Chinook you'd have more clearnce from the rotor.

Archie, Herc with rotor, you mean like this?:

If the Groen Brothers have there way, it may even get built!

Simon.
Yes, sir :) !!!
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Spellbinder99

Thanks guys, the model has been fun to do so far but needs a few tweaks to go before paint. Mossie, the probe probably won't fit on the underside as the nose leg is pretty short and clearance around the nose undercarriage is minimal. I am happy with the rotor clearance as it is though.

Thoughts about paint schemes continue, but I picked up some sheets of black and grey RAAF "A" numbers at the WASMEX model show a few weeks back in Perth, Western Australia.

Cheers

Tony

Gekko_1

I agree, its got to be done in one of the Caribou schemes! :wub:

Please don't paint it in a grey/grey scheme :unsure:  :(

Nice build!

:cheers:

Richard.

Mossie

I had a mess about with my profiles last night & I managed to put something together approaching the Doubledyne (it has Tyne engines as used on the 'Z' rather than Elands but it'll do for now).

I did it in rasberry ripple colours (easy as I'd already done one), I'll put together some of the Caribou schemes in ARDU colours tonight, I'll hopefully be able to post them as my home broadband should be sorted by now.

Simon.

PS, they aren't really 'profiles', more like colour schemes knocked up with Paint!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

QuoteI agree, its got to be done in one of the Caribou schemes! :wub:

Please don't paint it in a grey/grey scheme :unsure:  :(

Nice build!

:cheers:

Richard.
I think that a silly putty coloured scheme would be a good idea. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Seriously though it DOES demand an attractively colourful scheme.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die