Model attack at Coventry

Started by jester, September 24, 2006, 11:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jester

A kid grabbed and damaged at least 3 kits at the Coventry show today, and the parents didn't even apologise for the damage. You accept some damage may occur at shows, but this kid grabbed hold of models and the dad then grabbed 1 from his hand and the others from the floor where he threw them. What amazed me was that the parents just walked off without saying sorry. The damage seemed to be mainly undercarriage/propellers but could of been worse. A great show, very friendly, and was good to meet some people from this site for the first time.

cheers

Clive

Martin H

what stand was that on? as no one reported any damage to me (I was the show boss)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

nev

He wasn't about 6 foot 2 with ginger hair was he?  :P  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

QuoteHe wasn't about 6 foot 2 with ginger hair was he?  :P
Yep nick was present, and afik nothing got broken by him  :D  
Unfortunately,

lancer

QuoteHe wasn't about 6 foot 2 with ginger hair was he?  :P
Don't think he was there long enough to do any damage, but Narses did a good job of emulating him though.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

I had a friend like that as a kid...he used to fiegn looking at my models, all the while he was breaking little bits off....coulda killed him !

And that's gotta be the biggest problem in parenting these days, well, in humans in general, ...no accountability for our actions !

Like the Proclaimer's say " call me irresponsible and I'm really gonna lose it "

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

How old was the kid?

I'm all for getting youth involved with the future of modelling but I never took my kid to any shows as a toddler.  Even though she's never touched one of my own models and seems to have always understood that fragile things were to be looked at but not touched----why take the chance?

Especially when I'm there to focus on looking and photographing the styrene artwork of others.

I congratulate you for not strangling anyone as a reflex action.

I could not have kept any sense of composure.

My jaw's clenching just thinking about it.

:angry:  <_<  :angry:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

My kids never touch anything on Daddy's modeling desk and ask if they can have the things they like, such as toothpicks, cotton tipped applicators, etc....

I just came up with an idea. When you're at your show table, keep one of those compressed air horns out of sight. If an offending individual starts to touch, BLAST'EM!!! Then politely ask them not to touch. :P  :lol:
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Shasper

Give Eddie a gold medal! My idea was to CA fingures to sensitive areas of the body. -_-

My dad had that problem one time, told me later he want to snip some fingers off!

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Jennings

QuoteAnd that's gotta be the biggest problem in parenting these days, well, in humans in general, ...no accountability for our actions !
Just heard this morning about a survey of American business students (university students).  Something like 35% of them said they regularly cheat on exams and school work because they "will have to cheat to get ahead in business" when they graduate.  THIRTY-FIVE PERCENT!  My God... where did I put that New Zealand emigration paperwork?

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Ian the Kiwi Herder

QuoteI just came up with an idea. When you're at your show table, keep one of those compressed air horns out of sight. If an offending individual starts to touch, BLAST'EM!!! Then politely ask them not to touch. :P  :lol:
  Eddie
Yeahhhh Baby !   :lol:

Ian - Slipping easily into his Avatar !

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

QuoteHe wasn't about 6 foot 2 with ginger hair was he?  :P
Don't think he was there long enough to do any damage, but Narses did a good job of emulating him though.
Honestly you accidently nudge one little aircraft and this is what happens  :rolleyes:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

No respect for age, Narses, nowdays! :lol:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

jester

It happened in the portacabin by the Vulcan. The aircraft were some Italian airforce models, sorry not up on Italian aircraft, and a  Harrier. Just before that an older guy was there with an extended tripod and nearly wiped out a table full.

Clive

Martin H

hmmm that was the stand run by fellow sig member jermey Hall. He runs SIG Italia as well as indulging in our world. He didnt say anything about any damage thou.
Unfortunately,