Model attack at Coventry

Started by jester, September 24, 2006, 11:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

QuoteWhy did this thread about a model show turn into a thread about bashing German aircraft? :(

Matrixone
Its the old 6 degrees of separation rule.  Its easy to see how we got here with several little steps.

VSI - I would respect anyone who doesn't wish to model a certain subject for personal reasons, even if I disagree with them.  When I got back into modelling, I had a serious debate within myself as to whether modelling machines of war was moral or ethical.  In the end the "yeah but they look cool" part of me won over the "but they kill people" part of me.  But nazi stuff is where I draw the line, and I know I'm not the only one, as this thread shows.

My WW2 subjects are a kind of personal tribute to those who did what had to be done.  In my own mind, building nazi subjects is to at best ignore the fact that these weapons of war were used to keep in power the most atrocious regime this world has ever seen.  And I can't do that.  Others can.

BTW I'm not saying all those who model nazi subjects are wannabee nazis - although some display a disturbingly scary attitude.  Nazi poster boy Michael Wittman as your hero?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Jonathan Mock

QuoteI swear, cattle prods seem more and more like a good idea.
I once made some signs that read "These models break - and so do your fingers" but they were felt to be a little extreme.

The irony was, they were the toned-down versions!

Martin H

QuoteI swear, cattle prods seem more and more like a good idea.

Alvis 3.1
weve discused razor wire and electric fences before now at the Coventry club  ;)

We even thought about hanging a hammer from the stand with a notice refering to said hammer as a kiddy finger smasher. but decided that was a tad extream. we settled on a full size gallows instead  :lol:

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.