Z-22 Finished

Started by david sMiGielski, September 24, 2006, 05:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david sMiGielski

The backstory: This is a PLA Z-22 (a license built Mi-28) based out of Western Xinjiang in April 2018. This particular airframe has seen extensive combat against Uighur rebels and has been involved in Chinese attacks against rebel bases in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.

The kit: Dragon's 1/72 Mi-28 built straight from the box, finished with Tamiya acrylics. Decals are from Lindenhill's Su-27 sheet.

How did the country lose its way...when did we stop rooting for the man with a flame-thrower or an acid-spraying gun of some kind?

AeroplaneDriver

Wow!  Love that comouflage!

:wub:  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Eddie M.

Holy Smokes!!! That paint scheme is the bee's knees! I love it!! :wub:  B)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

This guy must be married to Samantha from "Bewitched."
Wasn't he just pulling tape off this a minute ago?

Knit one, peal two...

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

I Love it ! Great camo for sure, but the part I like is thinking about such a big, powerful chopper seeing a pile of combat...and surviving !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Shasper

Betcha ol' uncle Mao just saw this in Bejing and now the PLA is puttin in orders!

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Gekko_1

cthulhu77

Damn, I come back to the site after  a while away, and am stunned to see such awesome greatness!  That, is , a , fantastic, chopper !!!!!!!

anthonyp

Holy crap!  Nice work!  I've always thought the Havoc would have been a really nasty thing to see on the battlefield.  Somehow a chinese version would put more fear into me than a Soviet one.

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Ian the Kiwi Herder

D*mn ! - I knew I should have copyrighted that idea !
Great work, David, looks especailly right on that Mil 28. Bet it was harder to mask than my F-20, though..... loads of compound curves, Ughhhh (shudders). :(

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Wow, that is a really, really nicely done chopper.  And it looks really, really right as well :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

david sMiGielski

Thanks, everyone, for your words of praise.

How did the country lose its way...when did we stop rooting for the man with a flame-thrower or an acid-spraying gun of some kind?

Sisko

Very nice camo job.

And very plausible!!!!!  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

RotorheadTX

Very very cool!! I am quite jealous!!

Kudos!