Super Challenger

Started by ysi_maniac, September 25, 2006, 01:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

This time not so  :tornado: but  :tank:  
Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

A modern and powerfull MBT like Challenger has probably only one enemy: aircraft (fixed wing or helicopter). That is why this Superchallenger is equiped with an AA turret fitted with 25mm chain gun and 5.56mm machine gun intended to destroy aircraft and incoming missiles respectively; secodarily, these guns can be used against ground soft targets.

ysi_maniac

AA turret is unmanned and directed by search and track radars. Ammunition in AA turret is externally loaded in magazines.

ysi_maniac

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Archibald

Well it only miss Torpedoes and Harpoons to cope with naval targets. Then you have the absolute multirole MBT  ;)
Nice job...only made one tak in my life, a Sherman in 1/72 scale...  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

ysi_maniac

I am cyclotimic. Two months ago I left all my aircraft projects (real and fictious) and fell in armour fever. -_-  

Archibald

Faites l'armour pas la guerre   :ph34r:
L'armour sera toujours l'armour... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

ysi_maniac

QuoteFaites l'armour pas la guerre   :ph34r:
L'armour sera toujours l'armour... :ph34r:  :ph34r:
:cheers:

cthulhu77

Nice uber tank!  Love the idea, great execution.

Archibald

QuoteFaites l'armour pas la guerre   :ph34r:
L'armour sera toujours l'armour... :ph34r:  :ph34r:
:cheers:
:rolleyes:  

rallymodeller

Cool beans! I really like the idea of giving MBT's secondary AA capability.

Did you know the Slovakians alrezady had a prototype of such a tank? The T-72M1 Moderna:

It's got 2x20mm Oerlikon guns.  
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

GTX

I always liked the T-72M1 Moderna, especially this pic:

As for the Super Challenger, I'd also add a small box alongside the 25mm cannon with a couple of Starstreak missiles to provide longer range air defence.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

BlackOps

ysi, nice job on the modernization...looks great.

Greg, that is a pretty wicked looking set-up on the T-72 M1, thanks for pointing that one out.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

B777LR

Now you only need to make it sail :P