Boeing production type JSF as it might have been

Started by jcf, September 29, 2006, 12:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Hi all,
I've had these for years and I figure enough time has passed, so here is Monica's daughter in her planned US military schemes:

Cheers, Jon

GTX

Not sure about the "Monica's daughter" reference (and afraid to ask) but the pics are great.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

jcf

Hi Greg,
thanks...the X-32 was referred to as "Monica" in some circles because Bill Clinton's White House adventures were dominating the news in the same period.

Personally I prefer the looks of the Boeing production-type JSF to the L-Mart aircraft...it looked particualry mean in the artist's renditions carrying a complete load of external stores.

Cheers, Jon

GTX

Jon,

I thought that was the case - especially with that gaping mouth...

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

devil505

I did do a USN version awhile back......I believe I put VA-95 markings on it.
Made it for a friend.  
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory..Lasts forever.

Madoc

Jon & all,

I'd heard the Lockheed boys referred to the Boeing design as the "Monica" but this is the first time I've heard reference to "Monica's Daughter."

As to the referrence to Monica, the guys at Lockheed Martin came up with it because they thought the Boeing design, like Monica Lewinski, looked fat, had a big mouth, and in comparison to their F-35, they viewed the Boeing design as being much the lesser performer.  There are other ways to describe a poorly performing design.  One of them refers to it as "inhaling vigorously" and as there are other meanings to that phrase it seemed to the most appropriate in referrence to Ms. Lewinsky and her "relations" with President Clinton.

Madoc
Wherever you go, there you are!

JC Carbonel

I was never too enthusiastic about the tailed X-32, favouring the all-delta version. This emphasized the gaping mouth aspect... I presume it could have been labelled "Lamprey" (if other machines can be called Raptor why not Lamprey ?)

I had the RN and proto versions around on modelstories but lack of visitors made me remove the pages, the LM X-35 did not fare better actually and I put off the building of the 1/48 version which too far from the real thing to bother...

JCC