Junk(ers) secret weapon?

Started by matrixone, September 29, 2006, 07:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

A Junkers Ju 87 captured at wars end, the aircraft was thought to be part of the V weapons test program and was shipped to Wright Patterson for detailed study.
The guidence system was removed from the aircraft and the aircraft was scrapped soon afterwards.

Here is the only picture of the Junkers showing the condition of the aircraft when it was captured.

Matrixone

Eddie M.

You'd have a very hard time convincing me that was not a real photo if I didn't the real deal. Outstanding work once again! B)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

matrixone

Thanks Eddie!

This is the VERY old Lindberg Ju 87 kit that I only partly finished when I was very young and the last 20 years I had been using it to practice my painting/weathering before trying it on my newer models. I thought I had thrown this model away and found it last week when I cleaned off my work area, it was buried under some old model boxes and catalogs.
This model will make into an interesting whiff some day, all I need is a canopy and propeller for it.

Matrixone

GTX

Who needs a canopy or propeller to Whiff - stick to the unmanned concept and maybe stick a pulse-jet between it's legs!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Brian da Basher

Nice, Matrixone! I love how you fashioned that steel cover over the 'pit! Was that a disused kit part or did you fabricate it from something?

I can't wait to see what you whiff this one into!

My what lovely spats she has! B)

I love spats! :wub:

Brian da Basher

matrixone

Thanks Greg, NARSES2, and Brian!

Brian,
The metal part on the fuselage is an unused part from an old Monogram Do 335 kit. As you can see with a little work it could be blended in with the Ju 87 to make for a very unusual a/c. What I have considered doing is making the Ju 87 into the ''bomb'' of a Mistel unit.

Matrixone

devil505

The mis-matched paint job gives it a very real look.
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory..Lasts forever.

matrixone

devil505,
I have so many different paint colors and patterns on that thing it is pretty wild looking! :D  The bottom looks worse than the top.

Matrixone

ysi_maniac

Impressive  :blink:
You are really good!
Will die without understanding this world.

matrixone

Thanks ysi_maniac!

I won't do any work on the Junkers this year but when I do take my saw and knives to this model I intend to make it a Mistel ''bomb'' with a Bf 109 as the controlling plane. I still need a propeller for this model though.

Matrixone

Tophe

Belated congratulations!
Discovering this topic today, I saw the first picture, puzzling: Matrix1 should have said if this is the source he wants to copy as model someday or else: a Photopaint job to build as well... The following pictures denied both: this was a photographed model, a wonderful model, wonderfully photographed! :P  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

dragon

The Granddaddy of all UCAVs!  I always wondered how the USAF got the concept.  Beautiful work. B)  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

matrixone

Thanks Tophe and dragon!

Still looking for the prop/spinner for this thing.

I'm planning on having the covered cockpit section bare metal with the rest of the paintwork very heavily weathered 70/71 over 65. The flying ''bomb'' will have the full bomb load like a regular Ju 87.
Markings will be from KG 200.

Matrixone

Archibald

QuoteThe Granddaddy of all UCAVs!  I always wondered how the USAF got the concept.  Beautiful work. B)
"Thanks Matrixone for giving birth to my grandpaaaaaa"  ^_^

Once again, fantastic "more-than-real" photo, awesome paint job (never figured how to make a Luftwaffe paint sheme nor understood the RLM system :( ) and still, the modest guy who always thanks everyone for the comments :)
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.