To Whatiff or Not to Whatiff

Started by cthulhu77, October 02, 2006, 08:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

QuoteI pointed out to a JMN one day that his model of a tank was made of plastic.

Wot?

The guy looked kind of blank at this. After a considerable pause I pointed out that in so far as accuracy is concerned neither of us is accurate, we simply have varrying degrees of inaccuracy. He's now a great friend and has since taken the challange to build a wiff, an IDF Panther tank. I'll see if I can get a pic.
Wonderful  :P and that go's for the guys attitude as well :)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

simmie

this may well have said already, but you could use the arguement that

"to better understand history you need to understand the path not travelled and any conseqences there of."

it may be a tad pretentious but if it make shave to use their narrow minded braind a little then it is not such a bad line.

simmie
Reality is for people who can't handle Whif!!

Now with more WHATTHEF***!! than ever before!

nev

QuoteNev, praise like that from you is like having icing on a great cake (or scone), and a double of single malt on the side !
  The quality of models produced on this site certainly give a lie to the JMN's who say that whatiffer's can't build  !

I meant every word :)

But damn, that painting totally freaks me out  :unsure:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

rallymodeller

Quotethis may well have said already, but you could use the arguement that

"to better understand history you need to understand the path not travelled and any conseqences there of."

it may be a tad pretentious but if it make shave to use their narrow minded braind a little then it is not such a bad line.

simmie
Hey, that's really good! The birth of an epigram!

I am totally stealing that for my sig line!
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Brian da Basher

LOVE the painting, Greg! I think I used to date her sister. :wub:

Brian da Basher

P.S. Is it Ebola or Radiation Sickness the lady is suffering from?

cthulhu77

Ebola. I did a series of paintings for some CDC doctors, and kept this one of an ex-girlfriend. Never fails to cheer me up when I look at it.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

QuoteTherefore, a WhIf project is more fun than the average modeling project, and a JMN project is less fun than the average modeling project.  Since the average modeling project is considered a fun hobby, and a JMN project is less fun than the average modeling project, a JMN project is not a fun hobby.  Since it doesn't make sense to have a non fun hobby, being a JMN makes as much sense as a 8 ft Wookie, living on Endor with 3 ft Ewoks.
Given an infinite amount of time, and an infinite ammount of caffeine, I could have come-up with that ! :unsure:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

JC Carbonel

""to better understand history you need to understand the path not travelled and any conseqences there of."

I certainly agree with this ... many more neurones needed to built a believable Ta 183 than to slave-copy a photo of a Fw190A-8/U3/R4 ....

(but I do both)

JCC