N-21 Aiguille...

Started by Archibald, October 04, 2006, 02:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

as you all know the key of my building is this strong glue. I used many pots of this glue along the years, so I have many, many empty pots. The upper part of this pots really look like an oval air intake (F-100 like).

I have old Tintin magazines from the 50's (thanks, mom!) and thanks to that I discovered the FFA P-16. Searching this one on the Web, I discovered the another swiss fighter atempt, the daring N-20 Aiguillon. And here comes the glue pot : this look like the ovals air inkes in the wings... but I needed four of them!

So I started that yesterday. Not exactly a N-20 (lack of bubble canopy :( ) just a derivative (bomber?) the N-21 Aiguille (dart)

First pictures...

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

wolfik

hi
looks really interesting!! the art of your builds is much more different like from another here...me included...but your skills to build such interesting projects is really awesome Archibald!!! :rolleyes:
best regards!!! :cheers:

Peter
by the way...which art of bubble canopy are you looking for?

Archibald

My problem is I live 150km far of a good model shop :o .As a consequence, I have to stimulate my imagination and works with remains (and materials) I have. :)
Lot of fun doing that... but now I need Swiss decals (have to call the Swap shop for help...)  
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

ysi_maniac

And you investigate a lot to discover those obscure projects.
Have you thought to write one of those books. Speak with Tony Buttler. ;)  
Will die without understanding this world.

Archibald

QuoteAnd you investigate a lot

Not so much... browse N-20 Aiguillon in Google. I've got an old passion for the "small-countries" fighters projects (by "small-countries I just mean medium powers such as Argentina, australia, Swiss, Sweden and the like.)

There's plenty of whatif on this side (Helwan HA-300, Pulqui and Pulqui II,
FFA P-16, HF-24 Marut, CAC CA-23, CA-30, CF-100/105 of course...)
And even more if you consider Spitfire-like fighters (even Finland, Belgium, Poland, Yougoslavia, Australia, have prototypes!)
I'm also a member of secretprojects...

ysi_maniac

I love HA-300 (spanish origin, you know). :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Brian da Basher

Awesome Aiguille Archie!!!! I really love your imaginative approach to modelling. You do more with less than perhaps anyone else I know! She's gonna look stunning in Swiss makrings!

Brian da Basher

Archibald

QuoteI love HA-300 (spanish origin, you know). :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
When I learned about Kurt Tank and Willy Messerschmit (not easy to write!) demise after WWII... :o  they keep on designing fighters in remote countries up to the 60's! Some French "collabos" such as Dewoitine fled after WWII, and made the same thing... Argentina was in front-line!
The story of the Ha-300 is really incredible! It looks like a bad book... nazis ingeniers building aircrafts in Spain then in Egypt,(Ie against israel <_<  :angry:  with help of another Nazi working in India!  

seavixen

Image taken from a Hyperscale feature. (Thanks!)

http://hsfeatures.com/features04/n20fm_1.htm
Stackridge: Rhubarb Thrashers of the World Unite

Archibald

I have seen that browsing google...
(that why I decided (to be honest) to say that it was more a derivative than the aircraft itself :P )
Long life to the whatif world :) !!!  

elmayerle

QuoteThere's plenty of whatif on this side (Helwan HA-300, Pulqui and Pulqui II,
FFA P-16, HF-24 Marut, CAC CA-23, CA-30, CF-100/105 of course...)
FFA P-16 is one of the easier ones to model in 1/48 as the wings and tail surfaces very much live on in the Learjet.  I wouldn't be surprised to find a lot of landing gear commonality, too.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Archibald

Yep! The Learjet guys were very interested by the P-16 wings because of their very, very STOL abilities... the Learjet flew in 1963
I'm angry because there's too few 1/72 scale bizjets... bizjets are so lovely...  

elmayerle

QuoteYep! The Learjet guys were very interested by the P-16 wings because of their very, very STOL abilities... the Learjet flew in 1963
I'm angry because there's too few 1/72 scale bizjets... bizjets are so lovely...
And they used the P-16 wings pretty much "as is".  With the exception of the Learjet 45, all Learjet wings share the basic structural arrangement of the P-16's wings and are rather overbuilt for commercial aircraft but make great "special mission" aircraft.  

*chuckle* One Model 35/36 pilot found out just how strong the wing was back in 1980 or so.  He'd stopped at Beirut International to refuel and in the climbout he caught a couple 23mm hits on the right wingtip, just inboard of the tiptank.  The aircraft continued flying, os it was flown to the next stop where the holes were covered over and then flown on, all the way back to Wichita, where they had to replace the upper and lower skins and only two of ten spars on the outboard extension.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Archibald

Now that's a STRONG structure  :o  :blink:
Remind me the Boeing 727 of King Hassan II crippled by "pirates" F-5 Tigers during a coup atempt in 1972  

gooberliberation

:cheers: Now thats some nice MacGyvering right there
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.