Supersonic Schwalbe

Started by gooberliberation, October 07, 2006, 02:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooberliberation

So I went to the hobby store to get a revell-germany Me262, wanting a neat, simple weekend project to keep me occupied while the girlfriend is sick. So much for neat and simple...

Whats this here? Why its a luft'46 attempt at a supersonic aircraft that could potentially be used operationally. Somewhat inspired by the Me 262 HG designs, I went for a slightly increased wing sweep with leading edge extensions. Not being happy with those dinky junkers turbojets, I went for a single jet in the tail with rocket underneath. Powerplant would be imaginary and in 4-5,000lbf class. Note the intake behind the landing gear well.

Paint job would either be RLM Tomato pink or black and white hi-vis(think V-2)

Mabye later on I'll set this thing up getting towed aloft by an Heinkel 111.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Archibald

cooooool... great supersonic 262!
I'm fond of the 262 late variants (rocket motor, radar, twin seat, oval air intakes and mach 0.97...)

Hmmmm there's still this Me-262 at the shop...and I still have those oval glue pot cap (the same I used for the N-21 Aiguille). It could be nice making a HG with it (but whithout this ugly tail-cockpit :P)

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Brian da Basher

Woah that's one hot ship there, GL! I love your mods to it! Those leading edge extensions really make this one look built for speed! I can't wait to see more! B)

Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Cool, a few extra ingredients sure does change the flavor of that 262!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

matrixone

That is a great idea and will make for a most interesting model when finished.

Matrixone

John Howling Mouse

Very cool.  Funny how it can become next to impossible to limit ourselves to building a simple, clean, OOB model, eh???

Curse Of What Iffery, I suppose...

:D  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Sisko

What a great Idea!!

Can't wait for more.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

gooberliberation

:cheers: Thanks for the encouragment!

I've moved the wings and gear towards the back to compensate for the shifted center of gravity. Now for some good ol' fashioned PSR... :blink:

...and to think, I was just gonna build it into an Avia S-92 in Soviet markings :lol:  
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Brian da Basher

Woah that's coming together very nicely goober! I'm especially curious about the camo scheme and markings you have in mind for it. Your work on the wings is truly inspired!

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Sweet!  What a great concept...and believable, which really drives the jmn's nuts.
 :cheers:

gooberliberation

Look ma, no guns!.

Trivia: Wing fences were invented by Wolfgang Liebe, a Messerschmitt engineer.

I've pretty much decided for a hi-vis no-camo scheme. Perhaps with the starboard surfaces painted white for visual reference.

How should I get this sucker aloft? Piggyback or tow-cable? Ju 188 or He 111? B)  

Brian da Basher

Quote<snip>

How should I get this sucker aloft?
<snip>

Beans. Lots and lots of beans.

Brian da Basher

P.S. That's one seriously cool build there goober! I can't wait to see more!

Shasper

Note the knitter in the background. Coincidence? I think not.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

B777LR

QuoteNote the knitter in the background. Coincidence? I think not.

Shas B)
First edition of kit to knits taking shape?

Leigh

What a simple but BRILLIANT idea. Kewl!!!!

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models