what if more SU-47 were exported

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 08, 2006, 02:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

yes, im back with another "what if more ... were exported" thread.
after so long, another one, this time its the SU-47 Berkut.

so what if it went into production and became the first operational FSW fighter.
who would buy them and how many? anyone care to make profiles?
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Archibald

Su-47 export customers... hmmmm obvious answer : all Su-27/30 customers (ok, that's not an intelligent answer)

Something cool would be Su-47 on the Kuznestov flight deck.
Chinese Su-47 would be cool
Iran Su-47 (to replace their Tomcats) in the cool camo of their F-5 and F-14
Venezuelian (oops... from Venezuela. Hey,they already have FSW F-20 if I remember well :P )
ETPS Su-47 (now that would rock!!)
Indonesia (that would push Australia to buy Raptors :) )
Of course, Indian air force (Su-47 MKI sounds good)
Thailand
If cold war keep on after 1990...East Germany (instead of MiG-29).
Mexico
Lybia
Algeria
Egypt
sorry, I'm not a profiler ;)

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Shasper

India would be a given, Maybe China too.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

dragon

QuoteVenezuelian (oops... from Venezuela. Hey,they already have FSW F-20 if I remember well :P )
Yes, but since they are American built, the F-20Fs are just not politically correct for the Chavez Regime (regardless of how popular the F-20Fs are to their pilots).  Approaching their retirement age, Chavez again contacts Putin for a squadron of Su-47 Bekuts to replace the F-20Fs just like he did with the Su-30MKVs to replace the F-16s in 2007.).   :lol:

I do have an Italeri 1/72 Su-47 Berkut that I was going to arm with all sorts of missiles and bombs and was going to paint in some kind of Su-27 like camo....Now I have to purchase another one to paint in Venezuelan colors too. B)

:cheers:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

anthonyp

Someone mention a Venezualan Su-47?   B)  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Shasper

The only problem now is the definitive Su-47 (if it ever gets into production) will have a conventional wing instead of FSW. I'm going to assume that it's gount to look like the Su-27 in outward appearence.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Archibald

You mean the PKA-FA (or something like ?) Yes, It wil; have the basic fuselage of the Su-47 but the wings are more "diamond-shaped" ala F-22 if I remeber well...
Anthony this Venezuelian Su-47 is gorgeous!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.