Twelve Feet !!!

Started by Leigh, October 11, 2006, 09:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh

K been lurking a bit lately but mostly assembling furniture, unpacking, boxing trash, organising, cleaning, laundry, throw in my regular job, taxiing the kids around, cooking all the meals so I've had no time to model in the past three weeks, but I did get to say goodbye to my teeny old modeling space. Got the fridge door open just to show you wot I had to contend with any time someone wanted a soda pop.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Leigh

Somewhere under this mess what I get is a whole twelve feet of space that's all mine, all mine I tells ya!

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Brian da Basher

Aaarrrgggh that is tight Leigh! Almost as tight as it seems your schedule's been lately. I'm glad you popped in to say hi and I hope things even out a bit so you can spend more time at your workbench and posting your wonderful stuff on the board.

Brian da Basher

P.S. That tree lamp looks like it will come in handy. Just be careful not to get paint or glue on it. ;)

Leigh

Well we'll start with a blank canvas, Jonelle wasn't going for turning the dining room into a rehearsal room, and I'm really just showing off in this pic. :P  

Leigh's Models

Leigh

Now to organise all of this crap, the tubs on the right are about 25% of my stash, didn't realise how much I had till I moved, I really don't need any more...... or do I? :lol:  

Leigh's Models

Leigh

The finished result, just gotta sort out the wireless for the computer there. The bench itself was $40 at IKEA, tons more workable space, which I know will end up meaning tons more clutter <_< . Gonna miss the window and the natural light but I really love this new set up. I even have enough room for my cook book stand so I can see my reference material.

Leigh's Models

Leigh

Ok this should count as a kit I built this week, I mean it came in bits with instructions and I screwed up putting it together  :o It's a Sonne cabinet from IKEA $69 and it's awesome. On castors and wheels right out from under the desk, three drawers, two shelves for ongoing projects, bar with hooks for hanging rags and the like.

Leigh's Models

Leigh

The best part is the other side, shelves for common rattle cans, primer, dull cote and the like, and these nifty pockets which you can put your styrene strip in! Always been a pain in the donkey storing those long packages.

Leigh's Models

dragon

There's got to be bigger and just as affordable housing in Orange County!   Thankfully that is your old set up in the picture.  So, the Tustin IKEA is doing well still?  Cool! B)  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Ian the Kiwi Herder

'Sonne' eh ?.... I see IKEA are doing good business across the pond !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

GeorgeC

Ikea group build anyone?  

nev

Chuck says "Good job, now finish that Rotodyne son"
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

QuoteI'm really just showing off in this pic. :P
Nowt wrong with being proud, buddy !

:cheers:

The new room looks excellent ! It'll be a bit harder to grab that snack now, tho....and I can see your point about missing the natural light. That was an awesome feature of your old space. But at least now you won't be as distracted by the 'birds' !

I'm currently building shelves in my storage room, which is 'phase 1' in my overall plan to finish my model room. Once I have the storage shelves built, I can unpack and get geared up for the 'real' room.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Shasper

*scribblin' note for future reference*

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Scooterman

QuoteI even have enough room for my cook book stand so I can see my reference material.
<smacks forehead>
:o  :dum:

KILLER IDEA!!!  

(running out the door to the local kitchen supply store)