Couple of new things I have built

Started by viper29_ca, October 13, 2006, 07:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper29_ca

Here are the last 2 that I built, although neither are Whiffs, the Backfire was supposed to be one with Canadian markings, but since a hobby show coming up this weekend has a special theme of "Behind the Iron Curtain" I decided to go with it as the entrant.

First off, BF109 G14/R6, this is actually the first WWII fighter I have ever built, it is the Academy 1/72 kit which I picked up at Lewiscraft when they were going out of business, something crazy like 60% off, so it cost me all of $5 with tax. As you can see in the finished pictures, it has survived landing, even with some battle damage. Really nice kit, goes together easy, and if the rest of the Academy 1/72 line is this good, I think I will be picking up a few more!!!

Academy 1/72 BF109 G14/R6

Second is a Minicraft 1/144 TU-22M2 Backfire B, cool kit, and huge for its scale. Considering that its half the scale as the Bf109, its easily 3-4 times bigger than the BF. Anyway, as you can see, it will be posed in its flying state, having just fired its AS-4 Kitchen missile. I was going to get a little Brass plate engraved that said "Vampire, Vampire", as that is what is called out by a Naval battle group when being fired upon by Air to Surface Missiles, but time is short, and I still need to do the exhaust smoke on the missile. (The model show is tomorrow!!).

Minicraft 1/144 TU-22M2 Backfire B

Enjoy the photos, the Backfire pics will be updated after the weekend with the finished missile exhaust!!!  
Thanks
Scott
Elm City Hobbies

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com

rallymodeller

I really like the way you have displayed the AS-14 dropping off the Backfire! Awesome!
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

NARSES2

Nice builds - those Accademy kits are in the main very good, excellent value as well - at least here in the UK
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dork the kit slayer

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Hobbes

Awesome! I really like that Backfire.  

Brian da Basher

Those are some sweet builds there viper! I love how you did that Backfire launching the missile. The battle damage on that 109 is cool too! B)

Brian da Basher

matrixone

Your Bf 109G-14 looks very nice.

Next time I have a chance I think I will get one of those kits.

Matrixone

John Howling Mouse

oooooo, those two ARE nice.  Yep, love the battle damage.  On the Backfire, it looks like freakin' Armageddon itself has begun but the Tu-22's still soldiering on...

:wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ollie

I really like your 109 paint scheme...

Woo!

:wub:  :wub:  

lancer

I have to add to the accolades for the Backfire and missile. Very nicely done.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

viper29_ca

Thanks for the cuddohs guys, couple of photos taken from the show this weekend, added to the TU-22 gallery, basically the same, just with the smoke added.

Although I didn't win anything for either plane at the show, I did manage to get a bronze for my ZSU 23/4 which is also on the same page as the 2 aircraft, just have to click on "Photo Albums" at the top, and then "Models" and you will see a list.

I will also have posted some time today the pics from the MMM 2006 show in Halifax this past weekend....some really nice builds, only one What IF, and by a Junior none the less!!!!

I did manage to pick up a X-32 from the hobby shop there, which just screams for Canadian markings....pretty nice kit too!!!!  
Thanks
Scott
Elm City Hobbies

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com

Captain Canada

Nice work, Scott ! Love the Backfire....such a cool looking aeroplane. I'd love to get overseas to see one fly before they are gone. Lottery, I guess !

Congrats on the Bronze for your tank, great stuff !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?