A Tale of Two Histories

Started by AeroplaneDriver, October 13, 2006, 10:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

The camera's having a bit of an off day, so no pics I'm afraid.  But to summarize the day's progress, the cockpit and gear wells are done and in their respective fuselage sections.  I also started measuring and marking the wings to get them in the right spot.  

I'll try for some pics tomorrow night if I get anymore work done on it.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

AeroplaneDriver

Sorry for the poor lighting, but here is a hurried photo of the progress so far.  I ruched the cockpit a bit and wasnt happy with it, so I popped it back out to redo (the hase cockpit can be installed from beneath when the forward fusealge is assembled).  The wings are attached and the LERX is installed.  I cut the flaps and slats and tacked them on temporarily for this pic.  Tomorrow I hope to get the LERX and the wing faired in with a bit of milliput/putty, and maybe get close to painting.

The AMRAAMs are for this pic only, as I havent decided final weapons fit.  Since I'm a big believer in democracy, and the popular vote was for the second backstory, this will end up as a Tornado F.3 rebuilt by BAE Systems as an FG.5, circa 2010 serving in Afghanistan...or Iran....or South Korea...

nev

Now that looks cool.  Good job on the dropped slats & flaps *shiver goes down spine remembering that argument on ARC......*
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

AeroplaneDriver

Here's a couple of pics after today's progress.  Not much done today really, just fairing in the LERX with milliput and green putty.  As with last night's AMRAAMs, the ASRAAMs are just test fitted for the pics to see how they look.  Personally I think wingtip rails look best with Sidewinders, but for my backstory they would be a bit outdated (though I'm sure the RAF will still have plenty in stock well into the 2010s).

Back to work tomorrow so I may not get much more done over the next 3-4 days, but hopefully I'll have it ready to paint over the weekend.

Brian da Basher

Lookin' good, AD! B)

Brian da Basher

B777LR

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Deino

Hey, ... very nice !

It reminds me to the proposed Indian HF-73 on this early side drawing ... even if the later concept looked very different !

Cheers, Deino   :wub:  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Deino

this was maybe a later wind-tunnel-model ...  

-
W.H.Auden (1945

Archibald

Deino, AD, this is cool! Fantastic drawing of the HF-73 (Deino, browse' alternative history you'll find a thread on the subject :) ) and really cool model!!!  :wub:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

lancer

Damm that is looking very sweet Nick. Looking forward to seeing her with paint on.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Deino

QuoteDeino, AD, this is cool! Fantastic drawing of the HF-73 (Deino, browse' alternative history you'll find a thread on the subject :) ) and really cool model!!!  :wub:
Where ???   :blink:  .... can't find it !!!!   :angry:

I only found a tread about the "HF-24 Marut" and "Wilson's Folly: UK defends India in the 60s" !!! Otherwise the search function doesn't work.

Thanks, Deino   :huh:  

-
W.H.Auden (1945

nev

Quote:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Nev, what argument?
The "who makes the best 1/48 Super Hornet" argument - that was fought over ad nauseum  before the kits were even released!!!!

To the Hasegawa fan-boys the Revell kit wasn't worth tuppence because it didn't have droppable flaps/slats.  Some even went as far as to say they would never buy another Revell kit because of it  <_<  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

I do like what I see :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

lancer

QuoteTo the Hasegawa fan-boys the Revell kit wasn't worth tuppence because it didn't have droppable flaps/slats.  Some even went as far as to say they would never buy another Revell kit because of it  <_<
That is seriously anally retentive.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die