A Tale of Two Histories

Started by AeroplaneDriver, October 13, 2006, 10:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

QuoteDamm that is looking very sweet Nick. Looking forward to seeing her with paint on.
Wot Lance said.....

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Deino

QuoteDeino, AD, this is cool! Fantastic drawing of the HF-73 (Deino, browse' alternative history you'll find a thread on the subject :) ) and really cool model!!!  :wub:
Hi Archibald !! Just a reminder ... can You PLEASE give me the link ?????

Cheers, Deino   :cheers:  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

B777LR

Quote:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Nev, what argument?
The "who makes the best 1/48 Super Hornet" argument - that was fought over ad nauseum  before the kits were even released!!!!

To the Hasegawa fan-boys the Revell kit wasn't worth tuppence because it didn't have droppable flaps/slats.  Some even went as far as to say they would never buy another Revell kit because of it  <_<
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And did revell fan-boys defend revell by saying that revell had better cockpit detail?

nev

I don't want to re-hash the whole argument, but the Revell kits main fault is that it isn't Hasegawa.

So pointing out better detail, weapons included, half the price etc etc is totally irrevelant.  As is the fact that one makes an E, the other makes an F.  All that matters is that it isn't Hasegawa.  The fact that the Hasegawa kit has droppable flaps and the Revell kit doesn't is all the Hasegawa fan-boys need to prove their argument.  In their eyes Revell have only ever made 2 kits worth buying; the 1-48 Sabre-Dog and F-15E.  This is because they live in a bubble where the only kits they buy are 1/48 American jets.

It rumbled on and on and on for months in numerous threads, and along with the "F-14 v F-18" debate and Chuck Norris now has the same use as Lemon Pie does over here for pouring on potentially volatile threads.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

AeroplaneDriver

QuoteI don't want to re-hash the whole argument, but the Revell kits main fault is that it isn't Hasegawa.

So pointing out better detail, weapons included, half the price etc etc is totally irrevelant.  As is the fact that one makes an E, the other makes an F.  All that matters is that it isn't Hasegawa.  The fact that the Hasegawa kit has droppable flaps and the Revell kit doesn't is all the Hasegawa fan-boys need to prove their argument.  In their eyes Revell have only ever made 2 kits worth buying; the 1-48 Sabre-Dog and F-15E.  This is because they live in a bubble where the only kits they buy are 1/48 American jets.

It rumbled on and on and on for months in numerous threads, and along with the "F-14 v F-18" debate and Chuck Norris now has the same use as Lemon Pie does over here for pouring on potentially volatile threads.
And they think us whiffers are wierd...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Archibald

QuoteDeino, AD, this is cool! Fantastic drawing of the HF-73 (Deino, browse' alternative history you'll find a thread on the subject :) ) and really cool model!!!  :wub:
Hi Archibald !! Just a reminder ... can You PLEASE give me the link ?????

Cheers, Deino   :cheers:
I'm sorry, too much enthusiasm! That was the thread on the HF-24 you found (no direct link to the HF-73 I agree... :unsure: )  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Archibald

...but of course, you can resurect it and add a post on the HF-73 if you want :)
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

AeroplaneDriver

Time for an update finally!

It's been hard to get any modeling done lately between work and doing most of the household stuff since the lovely wife is still on crutches from her surgery.

No pics tonight, but major assembly is complete with what promises to be the last round of fill-sand-repeat drying away. Tomorrow I'll get the painting started, and maybe start getting the weapons load finalized.

Pics tomorrow!

AeroplaneDriver

I decided to stay up late and get some paint on this build tonight, so here are a couple of pics of the first coat.  Sorry it's gray, but it'll look a bit livelier when it's finished.

Archibald

Lovely model, really!!! Keep on...  

Brian da Basher

Looking good, AD! I can't wait for your next update!

Brian da Basher

Damian2

QuoteI don't want to re-hash the whole argument, but the Revell kits main fault is that it isn't Hasegawa.

So pointing out better detail, weapons included, half the price etc etc is totally irrevelant.  As is the fact that one makes an E, the other makes an F.  All that matters is that it isn't Hasegawa.  The fact that the Hasegawa kit has droppable flaps and the Revell kit doesn't is all the Hasegawa fan-boys need to prove their argument.  In their eyes Revell have only ever made 2 kits worth buying; the 1-48 Sabre-Dog and F-15E.  This is because they live in a bubble where the only kits they buy are 1/48 American jets.

And they think us whiffers are wierd...
It is a true and sad statment/ Look at how much of a stir the ALL NEW 1/48 Italeri Chinook is causing...a quite murmur at best. Never mind that its the first and only injection molded 1/48 'Hook on the market...ah why bother...

As for the kit. AD I am always in awe at your building prowess!!!  
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

AeroplaneDriver

Two-tone gray paint is finished.  This is now shaping up to be a Tornado FG.5 dased in Iraq at the start of the campaign agains Iranian nuclear facilities in 2010.  Weapons load is shaping up to be 2 x GBU-24 Paveway III on the the fuselage pylons (Skyflash mounts are filled and GR.1/4 pylons fitted), fuel tanks on the inboard wing pylons, with ALARMs on the shoulder pylons as on the EF.3/GR.4, AMRAAMs on the wingtips, and probably a TIALD and jamming pod on the outboard pylons.  

Hobbes

Wow! This is shaping up nicely!

QuoteIt rumbled on and on and on for months in numerous threads, and along with the "F-14 v F-18" debate and Chuck Norris now has the same use as Lemon Pie does over here for pouring on potentially volatile threads.

Did someone say Chuck Norris? Facts