When stashy met Shelfy

Started by Captain Canada, October 13, 2006, 12:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

This has been my project for the past couple of days......

Stash......

Meet shelf ! This is a little 5 x 10 foot room under where the stairs go. I built shelves all the way around it, 16 inches deep. The corners are a bit larger, to fit outsized cargo, like that Heller 707 just barely visible.

The back wall........

Voila ! All nice and piled up proper ! Books, mags, unbuilt, half starts, hiding spot for weed...everything you could want in a shelf ! Now, hopefully I can get busy on the actual hobby room now that this is done. Ended up coasting about $250 bucks.

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Damm nice work there Toad san...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

GeorgeC

And there is space for more - good planning  :D  

Captain Canada

Thanks guys !

Yup, loads of room in there. 5 shelves on each wall. Makes it much easier to retrieve models, much nicer than my old way of the teetering tower, kinda like a game of Jenga, it was. I'm not too happy with the books being there, but that'll change when I build another shelf, with deeper units.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Leigh

I think that may be the wrong shade of wood for Canadian stashes, off by about three F.S. numbers you should check on Hyperscale. Mighty impressive Toadman, now you did remember to take out all the decals and instructions and put them in a moistureproof container right?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Captain Canada

Thanks Leigh !

Most of my decals are in plastic sleeves in a binder. Instructions...what are those ?

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Notice how the clever Canuck puts his basement stash up above the anticipated potential flood levels!!

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

rallymodeller

Woot! Way to go, Toad!

Build night's a-comin, I can feel it!
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Shasper

QuoteNotice how the clever Canuck puts his basement stash up above the anticipated potential flood levels!!
Thats why I intend to buy a 1 1/2 story house thats not in a flood zone  ;)  :D

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Brian da Basher

Woah Cap'n that's impressive as all get-out! All that organization is bound to make your modelling a lot more efficient and fun!

I really liked your analogy between a teetering stack of models and Jenga.

Brian da Basher

BlackOps

I vote we go play at the Captain's place!!!  Looks like a whole lotta future fun there :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Captain Canada

Thanks again, guys. I am pretty happy with it. I need to reorganize and stick the kits that are waaaay back on the build list up top.

And yes, a build night is brewing, Rally !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

GIANT MODEL SALE IN SARNIA!

News is coming from Sarnia, Ontario, of an upcoming sale of a huge stash of models. The owner is said to be in dire need of beer money and is willing to part with his collection to finance it.

Stay in touch for updates.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

anthonyp

Tres bien!!!  I am in envy of your stash shelves...

Now, we all need to take a nice Saturday drive to Dean's in Flushing to fill those shelves out (they still look a bit bare)  :lol:

:cheers:  :cheers:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Hobbes

Nicely done! But you do realize that scale models are, um... not heavy? You could park a car on those shelves... :P