When stashy met Shelfy

Started by Captain Canada, October 13, 2006, 12:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

nice work there, but call me cynical, are you making extra space just in case you
add to the stash over christmas?  :D

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

Captain Canada

Nah, I never get anything cool for Christmas. Socks and underwear.

Usually my brother gives me a bottle of Crown Royal, tho.........

And you betcha, Hobbes...good and heavy ! You never know what's going to end up on there. The books and photographs are quite heavy, and I'd rather have it over-built than crashing down ! Had that happen to some flimsy shelves at the old place, lost some pretty cool kits.

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Thats pretty cool Toddster.  I could never organise myself to do that tho.  I'd rather keep my kits in a big pile and spend the 2 days building them ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

The Rat

QuoteI'd rather keep my kits in a big pile and spend the 2 days building them ;)
You can build a pile in 2 days?! :o  Have a chat with Baz, he spends 2 years on one model.  :lol:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Damian2

QuoteI vote we go play at the Captain's place!!!  Looks like a whole lotta future fun there :)
Especially if we can find his "other" stash ;)
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Captain Canada

Especially if we can find his "other" stash ;)
C'mon in, Brother !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

QuoteHave a chat with Baz, he spends 2 years on one model.  :lol:
Hey, I resemble that remark!!   :P  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ollie

Looking good Toad!

:wub:  :cheers:  :wub:  :cheers:  :wub:  :cheers:  

Archibald

:o  :o  :mellow:  :huh:  :blink:  :wacko:

Never saw so much kits on the same photo! bloody hell, you have more kits in your basement than some shops have in France!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :cheers:  :dum:

Nice work...  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

lancer

QuoteHave a chat with Baz, he spends 2 years on one model.  :lol:
Hey, I resemble that remark!!   :P
Notice he didn't say assemble....But then I don't think he understands the meaning of that word... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

Archie, wait till you see Jeffrys stash.....it probly has more models than all the model shops in France ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

QuoteArchie, wait till you see Jeffrys stash.....it probly has more models than all the model shops in France ;)
or mine or TSRjoes for that matter  :D  :lol:  ;)  
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gary

Thanks to you I took all my models out of their giant rubbermaid bins and stashed then in a closet in my new tiny office. The pisser, I discovered I had triples and quadruples of things. Doubles aren't a big deal for me, but I have almost a dozen lightenings, and Tigercats and easily 20 ME-109s. AND I HATE ME-109'S.

Then I began to discover things like the same plastic, and diffferent box arts. Geeze I'm stunned. I need to do a proper inventory and start another campaign to get rid of more plastic.

Duhhhhhh.

Thank God the Princess of Darkness was out of town when I did this or I'd be in deep poopy.
Getting back into modeling

kurly

You never know what's going to end up on there. The books and photographs are quite heavy, and I'd rather have it over-built than crashing down

how many of those kits contain two or three kits put together so as to hide them from your missus?

Mike Wren

QuoteI need to do a proper inventory and start another campaign to get rid of more plastic.
I encouraged by the future Mrs W to do an inventory 'for insurance purposes', although I'm not so sure that was the real reason... hmmm... you can guess she's an auditor. I was quite disappointed that I've only got about 300 kits  ;)