Hawk 200s from test units

Started by Iranian F-14A, October 16, 2006, 06:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comrade harps

[QUOTE (rallymodeller @ Oct 17 2006, 02:36 AM)
Nope -- the last F-105 was retired in the Eighties, and they had both styles of IFR device.

Nice profiles! More to think about...  

Probes were deactivated and removed after Vietnam however. Huns carried them until they left the inventory in 1979. I believe that was the last active a/c with a useable probe in the USAF.
]

What about the USAF (or the Reserves and the ANG at any rate) OA-37Bs? They flew well into the '80s and had IFR probes.

comrade harps
Whatever.

AeroplaneDriver

QuoteEvan's going to feel a bit silly when he takes a second look at the Edwards Hawk.
*laughs at himself* Well, yeah. :D  I'll plead tiredness after my first day back at work after being out with an illness for two weeks.

(At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it :D )
Phew!  At least there's a good explanation!

For a minute I had visions of USN/USMC/RAF pilots wondering why the N1 was spooling down mid-ocean while repeadedly (and futilely) ramming a flight data probe into a basket.

:lol:  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Ian the Kiwi Herder

QuoteGot bored again tonight,so heres what I did.Not a Hawk,but built by the same company.
D*mn !

Why didn't I ever think of that one !

Ian
(off to eBay to find a Hasegawa GR3)
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

elmayerle

QuoteThis is not a whatif! Before having AV-8B, Spain had AV-8A (similar to the GR.3 you drawn) and they were named Matador... well, it was the Spanish Navy, and they are now operating in Thailand from the Shakri Nerubet (poor ship I scorched the name so much :unsure: )
Call it a "semi-whiff".  Matadors were operated by the air arm of the Spanish Navy while this one is clearly operated by the Spanish Air Force. Sure looks good, though.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Archibald

Quoteit was the Spanish Navy
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.