Hellcat test

Started by wolfik, October 17, 2006, 01:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfik

hi
here is my test for a bubble canopy hellcat....
the fuselage is from an old hase T-bolt and its only provisionally glued to see the effect...its painted with a brush because it was grey...
what are you thinking about it?....the fin was installed after that because it looked like a ... :wub:  

wolfik

the other view...
Im buying every time cheap kits (ca.2-5 euro) if they can be used as test beds or for ideas when the effect cant be seen on paper....
this one (glued) was bued for 3 euro...

Archibald

Very nice! I love it! Something of an interim type between the F6F and the F8F (why not trying something similar to the jets, such as F9F-2 with a different name...hmmmm Hellcat derivative...bubblecat ? :) )
F6F-2 Bubblecat!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

gooberliberation

how about... Wolfcat?
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

lancer

Damm, that does look good.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

Looks like a cross between a Skyraider and a P-47.

And I like the name wolfcat
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Brian da Basher

Wow that's hot!!! I second the motion for the name Wolfcat!

Brian da Basher

datguy

Does anybody still have Jennings' bubbletop Hellcat profile for comparison?

DG

ysi_maniac

I like it very much  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Thumbs up and continue
Will die without understanding this world.

Ollie

Postwar racer in the Cleveland Races?

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Damian2

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Guchi

Looks like the post-war Bearcat.

Guchi

Madoc

DG,

QuoteDoes anybody still have Jennings' bubbletop Hellcat profile for comparison?

You mean, like this one?

That Profile page is still up on my site, by the way.

What If Profiles

Madoc
Wherever you go, there you are!

Archibald

QuoteLooks like the post-war Bearcat.

Guchi
That what I wrote that  ^_^
QuoteSomething of an interim type between the F6F and the F8F
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

markm70

Hi, very nice work.  My first contribution to this group was a bubble canopy Hellcat.  I designated it a F6F-7 Hellcat as a continuation of that aircraft.   Keep up the good work!  Here is a pic of mine for you to check out.  

Mark