In the Big Leagues

Started by Shasper, October 18, 2006, 07:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Well sparky, I've hit the ceiling this time. While out practicing my landings n stuff, me and my instructor somehow started talking about models n such, and after all was said and done, I'm now lined up to build him a RoG 144th 747 in a custome paint scheme (classic  whiff)!

Either I'm now a total genius or a frickin A-O :P

Anyway, Before I went back into work, we ordered the kit from Tower Hobbies and had it sent to my house for term break. He wants a white overall finish with a 2 shade green cheatline, and his name on either side. I hope I didnt digg myselfe a hole in the ground when I told him I *could* have it built in 2wks.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Shasper

So, what should I be expecting fit/gripe wise out of the RoG kit?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Ollie

No idea, ask Hyperscale.

:P  

nev

dunno, better off asking on the ARC airliner forum.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

QuoteRoG 144th 747 in a custome paint scheme
Just don't dress it up like Radish !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

That would make it very drag inducing.... :o  :o  :o  :o  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ollie

That would make it very drag inducing.... :o  :o  :o  :o
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :cheers:  

SimonR

Good luck! Cheat lines are hard to paint in my experience and I've had better results making decals for them.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Eddie M.

I sincerly hope you don't get one from the batch I had. My is the United 1/144 747 and the fit was CRAP! I even called Revell to complain. This was 5 or so years ago. Regardless of the fit, with enough tape, glue, clips,and brute force, I got it all lined up and it doesn't look too bad. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. :)
   Eddie  
Look behind you!