Blackburn P.141

Started by Archibald, October 22, 2006, 12:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

The blackburn P.141 was an earlier project than the P.146 (1967). It was powered by two M-45 engines, developed for the canceled AFVG.
This plane was much, much similar to the Phantom but with some improvements
- Modular construction Ie the plane was composed of a central common core, where differents cockpits and armements could be fitted on the production line. This gave a plane lighter and easier to build

Only differences with the Phantom were
- the wings (high on the fuselage, not canted)
- the engines

and well, that's all! The two are strikingly similar, just because Blackburn helped building the F-4K... (according to Thorvic)

So I dismantled my old Phantom (correct build, but crappy paint and decals)...

(this look like a boneyard, with Phantom parts spilled everywhere...:) )

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

The Rat

Looks like fun, keep the pics coming!
Quote(this look like a boneyard, with Phantom parts spilled everywhere...:) )
Ah yes, that's the picture Wooksta will like.  ^_^  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Archibald

I thought about him, while slauthering this phantom... It looks like a building for him, slautering a Toom and changing it into a  GB plane :)  
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Geoff_B

QuoteI thought about him, while slauthering this phantom... It looks like a building for him, slautering a Toom and changing it into a  GB plane :)
Wooksta was almost tempted to build it once and we even got a shot of him with a Phantom kit to use for it.  :o  (But i think it was then passed to Lazlo as the P141 still looked too much like a toom for wooks ;) )

Archibald

Is lazlo member of this forum ? (I remember a name Lazlo Woodbine or something like that... don't know where I saw that...)
That's sure, a pics of Wooksta with a Phantom kit is worth the money...  

Archibald

More pics... this time with its undercarriage in place.

PolluxDeltaSeven

Very cool model!!

Hum, maybe the inlet are a little bit too small... Do you use Mirage 2000's air intake?? Aren't the Mirage IV's bigger??
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

B777LR

If you get some putty on it before u paint and decal it, it will be much better B)  (Its good looking already)

Archibald

What I have to do is sanding more and more  the remains of the Phantom air intakes... that's the main problem...  

Archibald

More pics, It looks better in desert pink (yes, it would be a Granby bird, shooting MiG-23 which in ordinary world simply outraned the Tornados ADV) but I'm still reflexionning about this air intakes problem (I sanded again,  but maybe an exchange with the Lancer (which had 2000N air intakes) would be better... :unsure: )

(and thanks again Mossie for the low-viz roundels!!!)

Brian da Basher

Wow that's one amazing transformation Arhcie! I really like the look of that desert pink! Great stuff! B)

Brian da Basher

Archibald

I made a mistake yesterday evening : I exposed the two blackburn side by side on my desk...
main problem now Is aparently I cought the Blackburn fever... fueled by a virus named "British secret projects" , I'm now looking at the P.159 (LWF with a RB-199 proposed to AST-396 as P.153 then AST-403) ...
I still have square intakes left by the Jaguar, nose  from the crap P.146 now dismantled, a pair of F-16 wings, and some buble canopies from Heller...
hmm I have to finish the P.141 first :)

Geoff_B

Archie you maight need to adjust the tail planes as well to be more horizontal than the Phantoms

B777LR

Archibald

QuoteArchie you maight need to adjust the tail planes as well to be more horizontal than the Phantoms
Yes, sir! No too difficult to make...