G

TSR2 SIG - Telford Display

Started by Geoff_B, October 23, 2006, 04:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

Hi All

Just a quick call asking for those that are bringing TSR2 related models to SMW2006 to let us know what you are planning to bring so i can determine what sort of layout we will require.

Either put a post up or send us a PM if you prefer to keep things under wraps till the show. Please indicate if its a TSR2 or model associated with TSR2 program, the era and user.

This should give us an idea on how to structure thr layout and also ensure that adequate space is left for those not attending till the Saturday or Sunday.

Like the What-if SIG i will attempt to photograph each model individually so that we have a record of every model and the details of each one. That should help when we post the post Telford reports and show our fellow members what they have been missing.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Cheers

Geoff

Mirage IV

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of this exhibit....  

Martin H

three from me Geoff.   The RAF 6sqn ground pounder and the 35 sqn Bluewater lugger and the ossie Prototype. (oh!! theres a forth if lee will allow the Toom S R 2 onto the stand intact)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

As I am very probably the only British Whiffer here who hasn't bought a TSR2, I will limit myself to the few thingz that you've already seen here and leave all the TSR2 stuff to you guyz who know far more about it than I.

Looking forward to seeing them all...... and the rest of you, well, sort of ! ;)

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

I shall hopefully be bringing 2.  45 Squadron RAF, and if I finish it my French AF one.  Sincerely doubt the 3rd will even be started by Telford.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

2 coming as per PM Thorvic. SAAF and 45SQN with a difference
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Geoff_B

So so far on the TSR2 SIG we have contribution confirmed by:-

Falcon
Martin H
Wooksta
Lancer
Nev

(Should have one from Hawkman and another offered by the Japanese SIG, plus hopefully one or two off Mike Mc Evoy)

Anybody else wishing to add their TSR2 related models for the display at Telford ?

Cheers

Geoff

lenny100

whish i could attend with my two aircraft but i am disabled and its to far for me to travel down, but i wish all those how do go a good time.
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Aircav

Could you get the train down for the day, I'm sure one of us could pick you up at Telford station and take you there after the show
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

Quotewhish i could attend with my two aircraft but i am disabled and its to far for me to travel down, but i wish all those how do go a good time.
Seaham is pretty close to a few of our members....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

K5054NZ

I only wish I could bring NZ8003 to Telford.............sigh..............

Martin H

QuoteI only wish I could bring NZ8003 to Telford.............sigh..............
Send thorvic a half decent photo Zac, that way she can be there in spirit. Scooterman did the same with his SAAF Victor for last year.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

K5054NZ

Cheers Mart, will do. Any suggestions of angle etc, or shall I get creative?

lenny100

:D  I will be able to get their on saturday after all will bring my tsr2 ew but will bring any others if so requested. :D
a selection can be found on the workbench under what wepons do these need

HMS Richmond will be avalable if you have the room for it, along with its hind conversion and also the 1/72 raf eb-52.

just let me know

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Shasper

I'd like to pop in as well, unfortunatly the real world has interfered again. But, if anyone spots a few 72nd/48th Maintrack resin NAW A-10 conversion, i'm in the market ;)

Good luck to those of you who are going!

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.