Avro Arrow - the truth revealed!

Started by GeorgeC, October 26, 2006, 12:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

Mirage III, V and 50 are the same aircraft... :)
F-102 and F-106, but also Saab which is probably the worst : they persisted with delta wing in all their supersonic fighters!!! <_<  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

CanisD

Lippisch and all the others...Fools I tell you, all of them fools! FOOOOLLLSSS!!! :f16:  See, even the smiley face is a fool in his delta!
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

rallymodeller

QuoteOther "failures":
Space Shuttle
Mirage III
Mirage V
Mirage 50
F-16 XL
B-58 HUSTLER

But what do I know...I am not selling anything on E-bay! :lol:
Um...the Space Shuttle doesn't "fly" so much as "drop like a brick with some flight control". ;)  
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Archibald

QuoteOther "failures":
Space Shuttle
Mirage III
Mirage V
Mirage 50
F-16 XL
B-58 HUSTLER

Um...the Space Shuttle doesn't "fly" so much as "drop like a brick with some flight control". ;)
His nickname was "the turkey", just like the tomcat, but for others reasons :)  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Phnx28

Well of course Convair were being fools with the B-58 delta planform. They even had the temerity to name it Hustler, after the design team's favorite coffee-break publication! :P Foisting a bad design on the innocent USAF in bad taste; the scandal I say! :lol:

elmayerle

QuoteOther "failures":
Space Shuttle
Mirage III
Mirage V
Mirage 50
F-16 XL
B-58 HUSTLER

Eh, the shuttle's not that bad.  It went through a ton of high- and low-speed wind tunnel testing and changed considerably from straight wings and tail to pure delta to the final oglive shape (I should know, I worked as a student assistant at my alma mater's large wind tunnel and got to watch it evolve since we were the closest large wind tunnel to NASA-MSC).
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin