K

And the Oscar goes to.....

Started by K5054NZ, October 26, 2006, 11:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

Hey guys.

Would you believe it only took me six hours to turn this:

into this?

This is completed model IV of Project AFC: the Collection's Oscar which has since been sold to the US. She flew only once after restoration, if only for about 10sec, but she was a major star of Wanaka 96. She remains the rarest of the Collection's fleet over the years. Here's a pic of that sole flight:

Well you better believe it! This was the most fun I've had on a kit for ages! No puttying, practically no sanding, no scratchbuilding, no cockpit!

FANBLEEDINTASTIC!

Arii's 1:72 kit of the Nakajima Ki.43-I, Revell glue and Tamiya acrylics. Many thanks to Brian for his generous donation of the much-needed fuselage decals (thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou) and, importantly, to elmayerle for actually getting me the kit in the first place!

A full build review will feature on Modeling Madness sometime soon. All I need to do is just get it written........

gooberliberation

================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Archibald

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

elmayerle

Glad I could help, Zac.  *smile* Looks like I lucked out in picking an excellent kit for you.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

PolluxDeltaSeven

Wow!! Good job!  :wub:
And you did that in only 6 hours??!!
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

K5054NZ

:wub:

That's right - only half a day! And really, it was only about five and a quarter thanks to toilet breaks and chatting on MSN.

The review is almost done, I'll be taking some better pics tomorrow.

Evan, I really can't thank you enough for this!

SIX HOURS! And what a fun six hours it was!

B777LR

Ollie

It looks like a 6 hours build too Zac!

;)  ^_^

Just kiddin'!

She looks just fine!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :cheers:  

Brian da Basher

Woah Zac absolutely fantabulous!!! That's incredibly amazing work and in only six hours! Yowch! Where's me knitting needles?!!!

Brian da Basher

Tophe

QuoteSIX HOURS! And what a fun six hours it was!
Six hours of pleasure? Lucky boy... Will Modelism be counted as drug? beware not getting addicted... ;)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ysi_maniac

Too late :mellow: I am already adicted :(
Will die without understanding this world.

Shasper

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

K5054NZ

Believe it or not Shas, the prop-to-shaft join was my sole use of CA in this build! Good old Revell Contacta Pro to the rescue once again!

Well the Modeling Madness review is done! Just gotta do those pics and sent it off to Scott.

Before you ask, my next project will probably be the Chaika Group Build.

matrixone

Six hours?

I can't even get the cockpit of my current project built/painted/weathered in that time! :dum:

Nice work Zac. :cheers:

Matrixone

The Rat

6?!  :o  6 miserable little hours?!?!?!  :(

That does it, I'm tossing the computer so that I'm forced to spend more time at the bench. Bloody good show Zac!  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr