The view from the bench this a.m.

Started by John Howling Mouse, October 28, 2006, 08:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

On the bright side, though, it IS a perfect day for modelling!

So, off to the bench I go.  Working on the resin cockpit for Eddie's "Vulture" and applying decals to my first Mirage today!

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Are you sure that's today..... it's been 15deg here in wet but mild Liverpool !!

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

AeroplaneDriver

Man, I'm jealous!

First because I love snow, but we get so little of it here in the south, and second because there are few things better than a lazy weekend when there is nothing to do but build a model.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

Blech is right ! What the heck is that stuff ?

When's the new shack gonna be ready, Baz ?

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

upnorth

My god, prairie winters! Your makin' me homesick! :(

NOT! :P

Seriously though, I'd love to have a bench facing out of a big window like that.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Eddie M.

AHHHH! Snow! Good day for model work. Thanks for the work on the Big V. It is terrible down here. 65F and crystal clear. ;)  :P It's almost a shame to be inside. :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

QuoteBlech is right ! What the heck is that stuff ?

When's the new shack gonna be ready, Baz ?

:cheers:
The Builder missed his chance this past week (clear weather and above freezing temps) to pour the concrete for the detached garage and our basement.  Now, it will require heating and hoarding at his expense.  Oh well.

Broke ground in March '06; most homes around here are taking a full year to complete so, maybe she'll be done in spring?

I hope!   We're in no rush as we did not even put our current home on the market yet.   :o  

nev

Quoteand applying decals to my first Mirage today!
Careful Baz, you might actually finish something ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Quoteand applying decals to my first Mirage today!
Careful Baz, you might actually finish something ;)
You're right!  Dangerously close to the finishing point.

Therefore, I think it's time to start my Testors 1:48 "Travel Aire Mystery Ship" today.  Going to turn it into a biplane or sesquiplane for fun.

B777LR

Whats all that white stuff covering the streets? Looks like snow, but thats not due until 3 months :P  

GTX

You lucky fuzzy bunny!!! It was 36 degree Celsius (that's 96.8 degree Fahrenheit) here!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

BlackOps

Nice view! I miss playin' in the snow but I sure don't miss shovelin' it!  We got about four inches of sunshine but it didn't stop me from working on my models today :P

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Ollie