Allright, Nev !

Started by Captain Canada, October 28, 2006, 09:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

I'm still trying to figure out how the Captain managed to get a nightshot of a real helo with the out-of-scale vertical woodgrain thing in behind it.  Did he photoshop this image?  Way too good to be legit.

Now, where's the pic of the MODEL, Todd?!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

retro_seventies

ooooooooooooooooooooh yes please.

best.  looking.  coastguard.  helo.  EVER.

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

SinUnNombre

There's just something inherently badass about Coastie craft, isn't there? Just wait till I finish my OV-10.

Jon

Mossie

Fantastic stuff Cap!  Looks great in those colours, & a bit scary too.

QuoteThere's a larger piece at the end of each blade, as you can see here. Sort of a winglet.
They're BERP (British Experimental Rotor Programme) rotor blades, 777.  The spade tip allows prevents the rotor from stalling & makes for a blade that is more efficient & that can rotate faster.  They're used on the Lynx as well & Westland acheived the the World Helicopter Speed Record in the eighties with a Lynx fitted with an early version of these blades.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ollie

To further precise what the BERP blades do, they push back the maximum tip speed you can attain.  If the tip of the blade travels too fast, it encounters compressibility, and that builds up massive drag that'll make the blade tip stall.  So these blades allow you a tip speed of Mach .977, which is wickedly fast and make for very quick helicopters.

:cheers:  :cheers:  

Shasper

BERPs also lower the noise sig, right?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Captain Canada

Hey, Thanks boys !

Where are all the female commentators ?

:P

Indeed, CG birds are awesome. Anyone with a coastline, or, as in the case of our countries, great big motherflippin' Lakes, have a huge debt owed to these guys. To me, that's why they deserve the very best !

Again, awesome pic of the S-61, Ian ! Man, I love that chopper !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

Woah toad that's one hot helo! She looks great in those Canuck Coastie colors and those torps are very menacing! Excellent stuff!

Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

Those colors are always brilliant  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Eddie M.

I bow to your skills Sir! Bravo Zulu! Outstanding work! B)  :wub:  :cheers:
   Eddie
Look behind you!