Douglas SeaRider

Started by wolfik, October 29, 2006, 08:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfik

hi
the next one is the idea to make the skyrider something longer and with an upper remote controled turret...
the turret was made from a resin stick casted in  paper rolled to adequate diameter, then sanded and some engraved lines was added.
the fuselage was lenghtened and with the grey 3mm forex plates the place was closed and sanded in shape...
the cowling was changed to the lenght of PW 4360-59W engine.
instead the under wing configuration it will be installed a mid wing made from
schratch from forex too.
maybe a contra rotating prop will be installed...

wolfik

o..its the monogramm kit

John Howling Mouse

Could you please teach your technique for lengthening the fuselage?

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

GeorgeC

QuoteCould you please teach your technique for lengthening the fuselage?
Oh yes please - how the hell do you do that so neatly?

SimonR

QuoteCould you please teach your technique for lengthening the fuselage?
Yes! Yes! Bitte! I'm sure the resin casting paper tube method is more complicated than your nonchalent description implies.

This model is 100% awesome, BTW.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Brian da Basher

Woah is that clean, Herr Wolfik! I can't wait to see it finished....are you thinking Navy colors or maybe that cool SEA camo?
:wub:
Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

Can somebody please point me to a finished Wolfik model ? I recall 1 ( one ). But damned if I can find it !

That thing is awesome !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

anthonyp

Looks nice so far.  Can't wait to see it finished!

I do beleive the technique Wolfik is using is the Jade Beetle Fuselage Lengthening method, as taught by the Shaolin monks of Barbados.  They can make you 3 inches taller with one touch!   :ph34r:

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

The Rat

Go get 'em wolfik, there's a lot of whiffing potential in that bird!  ;)  :wub:
QuoteI do beleive the technique Wolfik is using is the Jade Beetle Fuselage Lengthening method, as taught by the Shaolin monks of Barbados.  They can make you 3 inches taller with one touch!
Hmmm... Can they do anything about my... never mind...
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

wolfik

hahahahaha  ;)
its possible Rat but...the polystyrol implant dont works...trust me...eee...never mind... :unsure:  

wolfik

by the way I will make an article for anyone who is interested on tips&tricks in some days ok?
many thanks for comments guys!! :cheers:

Archibald

nice, good idea! that's give me an idea for a Skyraider with a Defiant turret on it's back... :wacko:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

ysi_maniac

As usual, I like your execution :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Do you like Skyraider's tail fin. I have not found a way to style it properly yet.
Will die without understanding this world.

Chap

Awesome work as usual Peter! I would also be interested in your lengthening technique; I have a Lancaster project that is in need of a good stretching.

~Steve