The Bench Mk.II

Started by Scooterman, October 29, 2006, 11:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

The bench with the new additions of hand me down laptop and nice speakers to rock out with.  Cab on right is where I hide my compressor and airbrushing supplies.  Wood chest on left is paint, tool and cardstock storage.  Out of sight to the right is two veritcal rolly carts for decal, resin, PE and odds and sods.  To right of that is bookshelf with refs.

nev

Light, fresh air, space, computer........looks like you're set :)

The only thing thats got me behind us trying to move house is the prospect of my own dedicated model room....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

Too tidy. Note the 3 harriers added to make desk look more messy :P

Scooterman

Quoteis the prospect of my own dedicated model room....
Not so fast Nev.  See that white thing in the bottom left of the pic?  That's a bed.  The pic makes the room look way bigger than it is.  RTCB knows how small the space is!

Brian da Basher

Wow Scooterman what an awesome work area! I am totally impressed!

Beats the crap outta my little box upended on a stool that's for sure.

Brian da Basher

anthonyp

QuoteWow Scooterman what an awesome work area! I am totally impressed!

Beats the crap outta my little box upended on a stool that's for sure.

Brian da Basher
For shear space, maybe!  Office box tops on a non-permanent piece of furniture (stool, TV Tray, etc), make excellant work benches.  Used one for the last five years.  Now, I seem to have more room for building than I do time...

Nice work space, Brad!  Get a chance to build those A-7's yet?

And how do you keep paint off your laptop?  I'm lucky if I keep it off the walls...  No, wait, wasn't successful at that...

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Scooterman

And how do you keep paint off your laptop?  I'm lucky if I keep it off the walls...  No, wait, wasn't successful at that...

I haven't sprayed anything major since I got it!

But I do have a dropcloth under the bench to cover it up.  Or I can do it the easy way and just close the lid! :lol: