Finally finished my TSR 2

Started by pleb, October 29, 2006, 04:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pleb

Joined this forum after looking for What if ideas.  After 3 months off and on i've managed to finish my TSR 2.  I went for XVII Sqn, RAF Bruggen c 1971.  Still have one more in my stash, but i've got no idea on the finish.
Currently working on a P.1216

John Howling Mouse

Very nice but I like the way you're a complete and total TEASE having that fantastic Lightning in the background, too!!   :wub:  :wub:  for both models
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Quotebut i've got no idea on the finish.
Duh.... RCAF, od course !

;)

Welcome aboard, pleb !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Shasper

Good work there!

Watchout for the canadians, and bring them lots of molsons!

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

anthonyp

Hey, pleb, welcome aboard!  Nice Thunderchicken, but I'm diggin' that Lightning in the background!   :wub:  :wub:   More pics please!  (Even if it ain't a Whif, it's a nice looking model!)

And don't mind the Canadians around here.  Just remember not to feed them.  Beering them is OK, just no food.

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Ollie

Yeap, she needs to be RCAF.

^_^

Welcome aboard!

:cheers:  :cheers:  

K5054NZ

QuoteStill have one more in my stash, but i've got no idea on the finish.
Kiwi Kiwi Kiwi KEEEEEEEEEWEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

GO RNZAF GO!

Great models BTW and yeah, SHOW ME THE LIGHTNING!

Archibald

Welcome here! Nice models, and yes, I also want to see the Lightning in details :)  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

nev

you should enter it in the TSR2 GB :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

Iran iran iran! Saudi arabia! Russian Su-19! French Mirage F-2! Japanese! Argentinian! anything other than boring canadian aircraft :P  and similar new zealand aircraft :P  

pleb

Thanks everyone this is a great forum, but sorry, I can't take the credit for the Lightning.  She's a Corgi 56 Sqn Firebird that sits on my desk.  I took the photo and forgot she was in the back ground, but I have built 3 and have 5 in the stash, one of which is a P1A.

NARSES2

Nice TSR 2 - how about Italian for the second one ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PolluxDeltaSeven

An Australian one could be very interresting:
-accurate in an historic point of view
-very very AWSOME in a desert camo!!!

A German Navy one:
-not really exeptionnal for the scheme, but sounds much more logical than the F-104 for anti-ship...

An Indian one:
-large potential for the scheme
-quite plausible for the backstory ;)

But if you want more original but still plausible ideas, go for Saoudian Arabia (they use Lightning, Tornado and will use Typhoon, after all), South Africa (replacing the Buccanneers) or Spanish/Greek or Turkey one, instead of the F-4...
Very good potential for a cool scheme
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

pleb

At the moment I'm leaning towards a RAAF version, but I read an article on the anti shipping role of the Tonkers and thought about a updated version with anti ship role with Sea Eagles?  But then there is so many good ideas.  Time for a beer I think and for those who liked my Lightning last night here is one I did make last month.