Handley Page Victor

Started by wolfik, November 01, 2006, 09:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

GTX

Quote from: MAD on August 21, 2010, 07:28:49 AM
Wow  :o

How did I miss these fantastic joint GTX/Maverick Victor B.21 beauties
Love the tail gun arrangement!

I`m a little disappointed that you put no backstory to it Greg >:( Especially the Vietnam side of things! and what about the anti-flash white finished job? Special Weapons??? :banghead:

M.A.D

There is the start of one there - as I said in the post, I am waiting for a suitable kit to become available so as to finish this one.

Regards

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Maverick

Quote from: rickshaw on August 02, 2009, 04:06:44 AM
The RAAF was interested in the Vulcan initially.  I personally prefer the Victor on looks alone.  The Canberras operated out of Phan Rang wearing their standard Dark Grey/Green camouflage, didn't they?  I'd suggest that was more likely than anything else.   The RAAF didn't go in for "fancy" cam schemes until the 1980s.

Rickshaw, the three schemes I depicted are all RAAF schemes.  The first is a high-viz worn by our Canberras, the second the tactical scheme they wore in Vietnam whilst the last is the scheme used at first by our F-111s.

Mav

dy031101

From Mobile Suit Gundam 0079, of all places, graphical novel by Kazuhisa Kondo.

I do like how he re-imagines the various war machines in the series, though.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

pyro-manic

Ohhh, nice! I'm a big fan of Kazuhisa Kondo's mechanical designs.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Gondor

I noticed in the December edition of Airfix Modelling World that The Aviation Workshop have released a Victor B2 Bomber Conversion set in 1/72 for £14. Come pay day I am ordering one !!!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

I wouldn't bother - you'd be better off doing it with plastic card.  It's a simple enough conversion to extend the wingtips.  The bomb bay is a bit more involved but doable.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

With my scratch building skills I think I will get the conversion Lee

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Aircav

Can anyone id the extra bit on front of the saddle tank on this Victor please.

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

rickshaw

"Saddle Tank"?   Not sure what you mean...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Mossie

There's a large nipple fairing on the tank.  It's an SR.2 so my guess it's something to do with the recce fit.  It's not standard fit to SR.2's (although I found a pic of another Victor with it), but IIRC the sensor fit varied widely between the fleet.  I'll have a look in my Aerofax guide this evening, see if it has any specifics.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

It could be the fairing for the 'nuclear sniffer' air samplers. Three of the SR2s were apparently configured in this role but there's no details of what the airframe changes were that I can find.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RussC

Could it be a modern styled wind airflow turbine electrical generator thing? Retractable blades...

The term I always heard for conformal external fuel tanks is "Slipper tank" due to its resemblance to that footwear. Think I built a Mossie with those once.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

NARSES2

Quote from: RussC on December 06, 2011, 02:01:45 AM
Could it be a modern styled wind airflow turbine electrical generator thing? Retractable blades...

The term I always heard for conformal external fuel tanks is "Slipper tank" due to its resemblance to that footwear. Think I built a Mossie with those once.

Must admit I've always thought of "saddle tanks" being belly mounted and "slipper" being wing mounted.

Chris - who knows there are going to be loads of examples whre I'm wrong  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

That'd be a belly tank Chris! :wacko: ;) :wacko:  Saddle tanks sit over the top of the fuselage.  Slipper tanks are semi conformal with the wing & as Russ states, roughly slipper shaped.  All this for a minor slip up in terminology! :party:

Russ, the Victor Mk.2's Ram Air Turbines are in the small pop-up intakes just in front of the fin.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.