Handley Page Victor

Started by wolfik, November 01, 2006, 09:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfik

hi all
knows anyone if the revell/matchbox Victor kit is rebuildable to a bomber version?
how much work is needed? any reference page?
thanks for any answer guys  :cheers:  

SPINNERS

I know the tankers had their wings clipped slightly so adding this back would seem to be the hardest part.  

upnorth

It seems it can be done and someone has done it and posted a build up article.

O.K. I know we love to slam Hyperscale around a bit here, but it seems they are useful today:

http://hsfeatures.com/victorbd_1.htm
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Mossie

Wolfik, there's an article about it in the August 2006 edition of SAMI.  It seems all you really need to do to build a B.2 is add the extra scale 3'6"/1.068m to the wingtips & remove the hose & drum fairing from the dorsal area.

Flightpath do a detail set for the K.2, which is suitable for the B.2 as well, it has a resin replacement for those badly fitting intakes.  They also do a conversion set to build a K.1 or B.1 if you wanted to go the whole hog.

http://home.clara.net/djparkins/fltpath/fpmaster.htm  Click on '1/72 Post War RAF, RN' on the left.

I can scan the article for you if you want, it contains a lot of scale drawings, detail drawings & profiles.  PM coming your way.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

Hi folks (and especially Howard of Effingham),

What is the best kit to get of the Handley Page Victor?  What scales are available?

Regards,

Greg

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

jcf

Matchbox/Revell K2 in 1/72 is about it.

philp

Didn't Lindburgh make one in 1/96th scale or something?

The Matchbox/Revell kit is the best but I have heard it takes a little work to get a nice model out of it.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

jcf

Yep, built the Lindberg kit many moons ago.

Cheers, Jon

Howard of Effingham

the RoG boxing of the old matchbox kit is about the best there is in 1/72. it would
seem to be a good seller for RoG as they are releasing it again this year. i am :unsure:
if it will have new decals though. if you can find the matchbox kit then snap it up
as the decal sheet is one of their masterpieces [the decals in the RoG kit are good
too]. eurodecals also do a sheet for the victor that should be available.

the only difference between these kits is that RoG have put their own name on the
moulds over where matchbox put their's.

yes there ARE  kits <_< of the victor in 1/96. i don't have the link here but
one of the canucks did a victor in this scale here a few years back the one by
lindberg.

the 1/96 one by RoG [which is actually a retread of the FROG model] shows its age
the RoG one which i have built is an absolute dog of a kit requiring too
much plastic card and filler to get it looking presentable. but it is a victor and does
look the part. the fuselage on the RoG/FROG model is of the prototype btw.

welsh models have a 1/144 vacform model but i have never seen one of these
built up.

flightpath do some VERY useful resin and EB sets for the mark 1 and mark 2 victor
but these aren't cheap.

lastly, SAMI did a build article using the 1/72 kit and these flightpath sets in 2006.

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

Radish

I've actually got two of these and I must make one I suppose.

Ideas:

Spanish Maritime reconn

Luftwaffe "Flying Wing"...after surgery!!

RCAF strike

Rhodesian

:)  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Hobbes

Last year's UK Nats had the Welsh Models 1/144 vacforms of all 3 V-bombers. They looked very nice, I'll try and dig up some photos.  

The Rat

Quoteone of the canucks did a victor in this scale here a few years back the one by
lindberg.
Actually it was the even older Lincoln International kit, which measured out as slightly less than 1/160th scale and was very crude.

Here's a link to the article.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Mossie

Yeah, the only kit's you'll get today without paying silly money for rareities are the Revell 1/72 kit & the Welsh Models 1/144 vacform (I've got one of these).  The Matchbox boxed kit can still be found on e-bay and such pretty cheaply & as mentioned, is the same tool as the Revell kit.

The Revell kit will make up into a damn fine model, but needs a lot of work, especially to the nacelles, although theres are resin replacements that'll cut down on the work you need to do, as well as detail sets & conversion sets to make a Mk.1.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Radish

The intakes on the Revell kit are also way out......but in the land of whatiffery, who cares?
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Captain Canada

When a Victor is on the approach, does it open the airbrakes ? Or do they open once she's on the ground ? the things are bloody huge......so i ws just wondering for one I'm building.

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?