1/24 TSR2!!!

Started by Mossie, November 02, 2006, 07:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Heritage Avaition have announced on their website that a 1/24 TSR2 is a 'definite likely for next year!
http://www.heritageaviationmodelsltd.com/f...re_releases.htm

Other possibles for next year are Halifax, Wellington, Hunter, Buccaneer & EE Lightning.

They also plan to have a 1/24 Lancaster & Mossie at Telford, going for £145 & £130.
http://www.heritageaviationmodelsltd.com/1...mplete_kits.htm.

Being large Heritage kits, they're likely to be vacforms with multimedia gubbins, so not for the faint hearted.

Sell the bed, the living room furniture, in fact invest in warehouse space..... :blink:  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Hobbes

While browsing that site, I noticed a 1:72 SHAR FA.2 conversion kit. I've been looking for this, wasn't aware one existed. That'll definitely go on the shopping list for Telford.  :wub:

(1:24 TSR? Good grief, where would I park such a beast?)  

RLBH

Quote(1:24 TSR? Good grief, where would I park such a beast?)
Probably on an airfield somewhere...

Shasper

Do I hear "Deathwish" , anyone?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

nev

May as well sell it as an R/C model.....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

Quote(1:24 TSR? Good grief, where would I park such a beast?)
You see THAT as a problem? How about where to park a 1/24 LAncaster!

Martin H

QuoteBeing large Heritage kits, they're likely to be vacforms with multimedia gubbins, so not for the faint hearted.

it aint no vac form, its a bloody great chunk of resin.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

gengriz

QuoteWhile browsing that site, I noticed a 1:72 SHAR FA.2 conversion kit. I've been looking for this, wasn't aware one existed. That'll definitely go on the shopping list for Telford.  :wub:

The best way to get hold of the Heritage (Whirlybits) FA2 conversion is via e-bay (try Katana collectibles or search on Heritage).  I have done 3 now and they are a fairly easy conversion, although fitting the wing insert can be tricky (had similar problems with the Model Alliance FA2 conversion).

B777LR

QuoteBeing large Heritage kits, they're likely to be vacforms with multimedia gubbins, so not for the faint hearted.

it aint no vac form, its a bloody great chunk of resin.
Just like the soon to be released 1/72 Anigrand C-17A

Mossie

Quoteit aint no vac form, its a bloody great chunk of resin.
Chuffin Norah, you wouldn't just need the warehouse, you'd need the fork lift to transport it!

Can't wait to see the TSR2 on the What-If SIG's bench at Telford next year, they'll need a whole new stand to display it!  Imagine the sudden shattering of marital bliss when that box turns up on the door....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Martin H

QuoteThe best way to get hold of the Heritage (Whirlybits) FA2 conversion is via e-bay (try Katana collectibles or search on Heritage).  I have done 3 now and they are a fairly easy conversion, although fitting the wing insert can be tricky (had similar problems with the Model Alliance FA2 conversion).
Katana collectibles is Heritage avaition now. Martin & Dee of Heritage sold up to the guy who trades on E bay as Katana collectibles last year, so they could concentrate on some new projects. Martin may still be doing a few masters for Heritage thou, but im not certain about that.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Jennings

Oh please.  That's just ridiculous.  Hell, most museums wouldn't have room for a 1/24 TSR.2, much less the average modeler.  I think this whole "my model is bigger than your model" thing is getting totally out of hand.

Thanks, I'll stick to 1/72 for large a/c...

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

MerlinJones

Don't suppose anyone's doping a 1/144 TSR2? :(

Regards,
Bruce

TsrJoe

hiya Bruce, just so happens...lol...iv a beautiful and nicely detailed brass master for such a thing...just neding the time to turn some out ...

hmmm...i wonder what i could retail it at...lol

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Hobbes